Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home Sweet (Future) Home!


We picked out our lot today!


This is as close as we'll get to a picture with the "sold" sign since we're building, so as of this afternoon, lot 298 is no longer "available" because we now own it!


This is what our house will look like minus a few details such as two single garage doors like below...



This is the brick/stone color of our house....for now. I keep changing my mind...


We spent the day going back over all our choices for the house, tweaking here and there, and adding to the list....and lucky us, we got them to lower our price a bit too! We are hoping to have a construction meeting with the builder next week, and from there our house should be built and ready to move in within 90 days! We are very excited!


----------------------------------------------




In other less interesting news, my TExES Content EC-4 book came in today. The two of us will be attached at the hip for the next few weeks while I cram for the test. I wasn't aware I had to take this test until about two weeks ago so this could be interesting, and I have to pass it before I can be eligible for the Region 10 Alternative Certification Program. Test scores take about a week to get back and my first job fair is April 4th. If I'm not in the Region 10 program by the day of the job fair there's no point in going because I will have nothing to offer. No pressure.


I should probably start studying now, but Will and I bought Eagly Eye tonight and it's really good so far. I guess I'll start tomorrow.



xo, Lynds

3 comments:

  1. Wow, What a excited time. We just bought our 1st house and it was practically new ( only 4 years old) and I love it.I could not imagine being able to pick everything for our home. I am constantly changing things and my list keeps growing. We have talking about building our new home.. I will learn alot watching from your experience. Horizon homes are great. My favorite is Khovanian homes... love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jonathan and I picked out the front elevation of our house one of the choices looked almost exactly like yours and I couldn't decide for the longest time...I went with the front porch though. I can't wait to move in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course I love all of the planning! I can't wait to decorate too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!