Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HOUSE PICS!

Here are some pictures of the house so far! The walls are still pretty bare, but I think it's starting to come together. The living room and master are the most complete....I needed a few calm, box-free spaces to relax, but the other rooms are a different story!

The dining room so far with our new china cabinet! We have a new light fixture for this room too, but haven't put it up yet. I'm thinking about painting thick stripes in this room similar to younghouselove's bathroom. And eventually we'll get a new dining room set and give Will's parent's back theirs, ha.

I love our living room so far! My in-laws got us the erktop chair from Ikea for my birthday and Will got the ottoman. I think it ties the room together really well! The curtains hanging up are the project my grandmother and I were working on a few posts ago. They are actually painter's dropcloths! I got the idea from TheLetteredCottage, but had to modify it a bit because our windows were taller so my grandmother helped me hem them all. I think they turned out really good, and they only cost $50 for six panels!

This is the other half of the living room. It's pretty blah. I can't decide if I should put some pictures or art around the TV or just leave it blank. I also have NO idea what to do with the fireplace mantle. The bridal portrait is just temporary, and I bought some hurricane glasses but that's all I have so far.

\
The kitchen 1- do you see the cookie jar?? My mom got it for me for my birthday - it's from Anthropologie and it's an owl - two of my favorite things! :)

The kitchen 2 with our new fridge! And we finally went to Costco last night to fill it up!

The breakfast nook so far...one chair is white and the other three are still black! I'm going to paint them all white, I was just waiting to put everything together and decide what shade of white looks best. We're also getting a new light fixture this weekend.


Guest bathroom my mom set up - I think she did a good job! This stuff is a combination of things from the master and guest bathrooms in our apartment...we're using different stuff for the master but it's still a wreck so I'll debut it another time.

The laundry room....I'm going put baskets on the shelf to hide all the cleaning supplies.

Guest bedroom 1 - this is the blue and black room. It has my old bed from college and we got a new duvet cover for it. (that needs to be steamed really bad!) We also have a dresser that I want to paint black and add little glass knobs to match the ones on the bed posts.

The master! I LOVE our bedroom! It's pretty much complete except for our canopy bed that hopefully we can pick up today! Also, I want a chair to go in front of the bay windows and I need to come up with some art (something monogrammed) to go above our bed.


The master 2

All the other rooms are pretty much a mess, but eventually they'll be presentable!
Home Sweet Home :)

8 comments:

  1. looks great and I've been looking for a mirror pretty much just like the one in your master to go in our master...odd

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh! Even better! Oh, and you mentioned painting stripes. I'm totally painting stripes in our master on one wall but I'm doing them in the same color but one will be high gloss and the other will be matte so it will just be a slight difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Congrats on your home -- birthday -- new job.... What an exciting time for you! :)

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on successfully getting moved in. The fun has begun... unpacking. The house looks great so far. Can't wait to see how it changes with your special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyndsey, The house looks great! Seriously, you guys are farther along than we are and we've had our house for a year! Everything looks fantastic, and I especially like the cookie jar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Especially the brilliant painter's clothe turned window treatments!! I am copying you.. we need new ones in our bedroom and I seriously LOVE yours!! And, I think big stripes would be GORGEOUS in the dining room! Everything looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually the rug was left over from college and was in our office until we were done painting...and I know the feeling, sometimes Jonathan comes home from work and I'm still wearing what I went to bed in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's all from Shabbyblogs.com and it is all FREE! It tells you how to do it AND it had a lot of owl stuff that made me think of you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!