Sunday, August 16, 2009

Idiot.

The person that did this...is. an. idiot.



And not just because they sped through a Stop sign and ran into my poor SIL's car about 100 feet from our house last night. But because they sped through a Stop sign and ran into my poor SIL's car about 100 feet from our house last night AND SPED AWAY!!! Even after she managed to crawl out from her passenger side, attempt to chase them down, and stood in the middle of the street to make them stop! They still chose to turn around and literally almost ran her over trying to get away!! After he or she (aka Idiot) took off, J ran back to our house and Will called the police while I grabbed my camera and ran back to her car with her. About 5 neighbors heard it happen and came out, and the police came as well. J managed to get the first 3 digits of their license plate and she had a good description of the car. Not to mention the extensive damage the front end of their car now has and the headlight that is missing. Unfortunately for the driver, they chose the wrong person to hit and run. Will's dad is a lawyer and was the County Judge for 10 years, and has some pretty good connections in town. I think it's safe to say this person is going to be in a lot of trouble.

This all happened around 10pm last night, and around 11:30 when all the adrenaline began to fade, J started noticing her neck and back were really sore and she started getting blurred vision. Off to the Emergency Room for us. Two hours and one prescription of Vicatin later, we left. A tow truck came and got her car, and basically said it was a total loss.

J was so brave throughout the whole thing...I could not even imagine going through all that and still crawling out of the car and chasing the driver down! It was very Jennifer though, she doesn't take much lightly, ha.

Like I said, IDIOT.

How was your weekend? :)

3 comments:

  1. DWI - class B misdemeanor. Failure to Stop and Render Aid after Accident - THIRD DEGREE FELONY. I'm glad J is okay! They better get this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh that's terrible!! I hope she feels better soon... and I hope Will's dad catches them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!