Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm in Love!


Today I'm linking up with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday!

1. I'm loving that our Baylor Bears are 3-0 so far this season! Sic 'Em! And I can't believe this is Liam's second football season -- look how much he's grown! Waaaaa.


2. I'm loving that MOPS is back in full swing! Today is our second meeting of the semester. I was nervous for the first meeting because my friend Kevyn and I are in charge of all the decorations and set up. This year's theme is, "Plunge. Love as if your life depended on it." so we went with a nautical look and everyone loved it! 

This is on the food and drink table...


And this is what all three table centerpieces look like with different group names. 


Our group leader, Brettni, made us all these cute name tags and welcome bags!


Here's Liam on his first day of MOPPETS. I couldn't get a good picture because he was ready to get going and play with his friends!


Here's a better picture from later in the day.


3. I'm loving the winter wear I picked up for Liam at H&M!


I am aware we live in TX and will probably get very minimal use out of the hat, but come on! How could I not?!


4. I'm loving theme parties! A few weekends ago Will and I went to our friend's 30th birthday party, and the theme was "Tracey's last night in her roaring 20's!" It was SO fun and everyone dressed the part. I am totally stealing this idea for my 30th birthday! 


Here's a full body shot of my flapper outfit. I was making silly faces at Liam! 


Flapper and Gangster!


5. I am LOVING my first piece of Kate Spade. I got a new wallet and I love it to pieces!


6. I am loving the new iphone update - they added panoramic photos! I'm a little obsessed. It was 11:30 at night when I did my phone update, but I couldn't help myself and had to try it out so these are a little dark.

 

 7. I'm loving my little family! Last Saturday we got donuts for breakfast and headed to the park. I love mornings like this! 








8. Can I add one thing I'm not loving? Liam's newfound temper tantrums! And any baby whisperers wanting to chime in, you're welcome to it! 

The tantrums almost only occur right after his naps. Initially you would think that he just didn't get a long enough nap, but this is after an hour and a half! And he takes two of those a day! And he wakes up screaming mad, so I can't/won't just leave him in there. 


He always needs quiet time when he first wakes up anyway, so we will usually snuggle or watch TV while he drinks his milk and then he's good to go. But lately he just screams and cries and won't let me hold him, but won't let me walk away and throws his milk and himself on the floor. 


Then after about 10 minutes he will pick himself up and either drink his milk or find a toy or something and be fine. Um, what? 

This was after yesterday's tantrum. I just ignored him and eventually he got up and pointed to the back door, so I opened it and he walked right outside and started playing.  


And I think for me the worst part of it is is that I want to talk him through it or ask what's wrong, but he doesn't understand/can't verbalize it yet. And I would rather hold him than ignore him, but he will only let me hold him for a few seconds and then just has to throw himself on the ground again. Oy. Being a parent is hard! Amen?

Is there any special remedy or potion that will magically make him wake up like this all the time?


This is him first thing in the morning. Happy as a lark. But come post-naptime...demon child I tell you. Demon child. Good thing I love him to bits or I would probably lose my mind! 

Happy Wednesday!

14 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of Liam from last year and this year, he's such a cute boy!

    The flapper outfit is great!

    My Cooper did/does the same thing after naptime. Sometimes I just have to hold him to comfort him for awhile, other times he wants nothing to do with me, crazy mood swings of toddlers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that's hard. If it isn't his nap it could be his teeth...I'm currently reading happiest toddler on the block but I don't know if that would deal with post nap unhappiness. G would wake up crying for awhile and then be fine...turns out it was her eye teeth. Ever since they came in she stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea for a 30th b-day party. Mine is coming up in February so I may have to steal that idea! Sorry about the tantrums - I'm no help but hoping for your sake they don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry gets like that too. It's not after every nap, but it happens. I try to just give him space to get it out. I think you are doing the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! The picture comparison between last year and this is insane! I mean, I know my baby was the same size too, but I just haven't thought about it- all in one year.

    And I just let out an audible groan, because if Liam has started throwing temper tantrums, I'm sure Grace is right behind him. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to know where you got those cute suspenders that Liam is wearing and also where your LR rug is from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! the hat is so cute on him!!! can't wait to see him in person someday!!!! :) lol happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A year made such a huge differnce!! They grow up too fast :(.

    What a fun idea for a b-day party. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Love the donuts and park idea. A theme party sounds so fun!!! And I must know where Liam's suspenders came from!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I can totally relate. Ella does the exact same thing, except she stomps her feet, then falls to the floor. I had to read your post to my hubs. He cracked up. I'm so glad to hear Ella's not the only one who does this. I've been so worried!! Thanks for being so honest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. our nearest H&M is like an hour and a half away, but after seeing that precious hat I think I may be making that trek for some cut fall duds for my guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what kind of sippy does he use; its hard to find sippys that dont have silly characters all over them, Im loving the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so right, how could you not love that hat on him! He's darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!