Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Birthday!

Way back on August 1st I turned 26! It was a long drawn out celebration which happens to be my favorite kind :)


My parents were out of town on my actual birthday so I got my first presents a week early! My mom ordered these initial rings from this Etsy shop. I just love them and wear them everyday now! I also got a Joann's gift card for another fun gift...


The day before my birthday my two awesome friends, Amanda and Ashley, surprised me with birthday treats and gifts at a play date we had! They are too sweet! 


Will's mom and my birthday is just a few days apart, so we celebrated together a few days early at their house! 


Liam enjoyed helping me open my card and gift!



A Cricut!!! And a gift card for accessories. It has already gotten a ton of use! 


I made Will's mom a calendar of Liam for her desk from Paper Coterie, and we got her a gift card to order more books on her kindle. I was very pleased with the calendar and now she has a cute picture of Liam to show all her students each month!


The morning of my birthday I got up early with Will to open my presents. He had to go to work and I'm WAY too impatient to wait all day, so I opened them with him while Liam was still asleep. They got me some new makeup and a bread maker! Don't laugh, I've been wanting one for a while now! We've already made a super delicious loaf of cinnamon sugar bread, and I plan to use it a lot this fall/winter! 


Since my birthday fell on a workday, Liam and I spent the day together and it was perfect. We went to a super fun play date with our Sunday School friends that morning which I will post about later. It was olympics themed and our host, Brettni, outdid herself as usual! 


Once Will got home we went out to dinner and then he surprised me with cake! He got a small one because we had pretty much been eating cake for a straight month at this point! 


It was so yummy!


So far 26 has been pretty great! 



17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! :) We are the same age, I turned 26 on the 10th of August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are blogging again. Lunch date soon! Now that Brooke is in school I have more free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was SO excited to see you back in my google reader!!! ;) What a wonderful birthday you had. Glad you are back from your blogging break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had an awesome birthday! Birthdays rock.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all your fun gifts! And who doesn't love long drawn out birthdays?! That cake looks SUPER yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great birthday & also glad you're blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you share the dets on the cricut...i'm interested but clueless about them. i feel like there are so many options i don't know where to start!

    ps glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy your back to blogging! And I agree that drawn out celebrations are the best!

    P.S. Hope you share some of your cricut creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late birthday!
    It looks like you had a wonderful birthday week. I love your initial rings! & Am so jealous you got a Cricut! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww looks like you had a wonderful birthday! You are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That seems so long ago but I'm so glad you had a great birthday!!! It was fun to celebrate YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE your rings!! such a awesome idea! glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the perfect birthday! I love the pictures of you and Liam opening your presents and blowing out your birthday candle. They are all precious! And I have to tell you that I am SO jealous of your hair! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!