Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Liam's First Day of School! (And I'm back...finally!)

I have my computer back...finally! I have felt so cut off these past few days! Sure I had my phone (and Instagram, thank goodness) but I'm old school and just like to sit at a real computer. Mac Daddy survived, and even though we had started computer shopping and I got my heart set on a new laptop (actually sitting on the couch or lying in bed and still be able to surf the web??!), in the end I am happy to have my 27" iMac back at it's spot on my desk. Even if I can't crawl into bed with him. 

So what's been going on lately? Um, LOTS! 

I'm still pregnant (39 weeks and 3 days but who's counting), but I have a doctor's appointment today so we'll see if he has any news for me. 

Liam started Weekday School yesterday and did wonderfully! It's basically the same as Mother's Day Out. He goes twice a week from 9-2:30 at our church. He was very apprehensive at Meet the Teacher the week before, so I was a big ball of nerves yesterday morning. He pulled it together though and was a total champ at drop off. He recognized the room and his new teachers, so he ran right in and began to play before I even got my goodbye hugs and kisses. Don't worry though, I got them :) 



When you get there 30 minutes early, there's plenty of time for pictures outside the building. Just saying. 


Some details from his first morning! His first school lunch, selfies before the goodbyes, getting right down to business playing, and dropping off his backpack in his little bucket! 


And after school! This is his lobster pinch aka "thumbs up" sign that he had a great day! 

Side note just because it's something I want to remember: Liam is the youngest in his class, and I was a little worried how he would do with all the older kids. He knows some of them and they are not that much older, but I was nervous that he wouldn't talk or be independent at all and let the older kids run the show. Mainly because that's how I would have been. Turns out even after just one day they are having an amazing influence on him! Earlier this summer Liam was doing so great with potty training, and over the past few weeks has regressed quite a bit. It's mainly my fault - I've been tired a lot and not as diligent about taking him. He'd been putting up a big fight about going, so I had decided to let it go until after Liesl gets here and then start up again once we get into a routine. Well a handful of the kids in his class are potty trained or are well into the process, and as soon as we got in the car today he told me he needed to go to the potty! And he went FOUR times yesterday afternoon/evening! That's the most he's gone in one day in WEEKS! I guess he saw the others taking their potty breaks throughout the day and remembered he liked going too! I am crazy proud of him! 

And what did I do with my free day? 

Looked at pictures of Liam on my phone, did the dishes, watched videos of Liam on my phone, vacuumed, texted Will about what I thought Liam might be doing at that moment, ate my lunch, and went early to sit in the parking lot until pick up. YEP. We were both tear free though so I'd call it a very successful first day! 

8 comments:

  1. Glad the first day of school went well! You did much better than I would (thankfully I don't have to worry about that for a bit) Hope Leisl makes her debut soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well on his first day! I do love having a lap top (although I hate mine). Our desk top and lap top died around the same time...thank goodness for external hard drives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which MDO is he going too?? I'm looking to put Kenzie in one after I have my baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you are back! So glad he did so well the first day of school - and you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! So happy he had a great day! Hopefully your new bundle of joy will be here soon! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks adorable! Yay for good potty training news!! We tried when Adeline was born and it didn't go great but we're about to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. QUESTION---is that lunchbox (container?) leakproof between the compartments?? If so, what brand is that and where can i get one?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that your computer is fixed! It's so weird being computer-less and I think blogging on an phone is pretty torturous! Liam's school pictures are too cute! He looks like he was so happy to go! And I have to say that the few times I've taken Emerson to drop in care at church, I have always been there early to pick her up. You are definitely not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!