Wednesday, January 14, 2015

RH Sale!

So here's how the Restoration Hardware sale went down! 


Day 1: We weren't sure what to except and almost completely struck out the first day. Apparently when it opened at 10am there had been a long line of like 200 people that all flooded the building at once and snatched up a lot of the big ticket items. Since we didn't get there until 2pm we just kind of walked around scoping out what type of items were there compared to the wish-list I made. Turns out they weren't carrying any hardware or much in the way of light fixtures so those were out, but they had tons of living and dining room furniture (the good stuff was all sold at this point). 

Then we got REALLY lucky! We were standing up at the front about to leave. Next to us were a set of upholstered chairs that had a hold sign and were were talking about how pretty they were. A worker came up to us and checked the time on the tag and told us they were ours if we wanted! Once you place a hold on an item, you have two hours to pay for it or it's back on the market! 


We snagged two of these beauties! The skirt is still intact at the bottom and needs to be snipped so that part will look better, but they are so big and comfy and you sink right in! They passed the 6'3" Will test for size so he headed to the register and I called my parents. They ended up bringing my dad's truck over for us to carry them home in and took my car home with the kids in tow. 


The kids playing around while waiting for my parents! 

We started chatting up an employee about the next day and they said basically you have to come hours in advance if you want to get anything good. So my parents offered to keep the kids overnight so we could come back alone and wait in the cold. Um, yes please! 


Day 2: So I took the guy very seriously and convinced Will to get us there by 7:30am! Mind you this place was an hour away from our house so we were up with the birds. When we got there - there was no one else there. Womp, womp. It was actually nice though because I knew we'd be at the front of the line this way and the car was much warmer than standing outside in line. Around 8:30am some cars started showing up so we hopped out and headed for the door and we were the very first ones! We chatted with the people around us and learned that this time around they were only sending in groups 20 people at a time so as to avoid the mass chaos from the morning before - woohoo! 

By 10am there were a few hundred people in line and the first 20 or so of us got to stroll right in! 

We had a game plan and I went first and snatched up this chaise lounge I had wanted the day before but we didn't have room for. It's going in our bedroom and I love, love, love it!


Next up was this amazing table! We weren't even thinking a table was in the picture because even on sale, they're still pricy. But then I spotted this one which is the exact color I had been hoping for and for 85% off!! It's in perfect condition will seat 8 comfortably which is exactly what I wanted. And I love the legs! Sold!


(That's not a mess up on the leg by the way, it's jut styrofoam that needed to be brushed off!) 

Then -- I spotted these babies. They were exactly like what I was lusting over on their website except I was looking at the wingback version. Well, yesterday that had a couple wingbacks in blue that we tried out just to see how they felt. Turns out, Will's shoulders are too wide for them and he was totally uncomfortable! When I saw the straight-back version, I had to have them. They weren't on the floor yet so Will and I took turns waiting on them to get priced and rolled out the floor (yes, they have wheels!). The workers eventually tagged them and then just let Will have them -- they were so nice! 



While Will was waiting on the chairs I spotted 6 of these side chairs. I really didn't know what I was wanting for side chairs except I wanted tall and sturdy. These fit the bill for a great price and the stain matches the table really well! Plus I like that their fabric is darker because these are the chairs the kids will eat on. 


We brought two of the chairs over to the table to get an idea of how they all went together and I LOVE the look! 


These are a couple inspiration images I pinned on my Home Pinterest Board, and I think I nailed the look I was going for. 



On the second day you only had one hour to hold something, so we had to make some quick decisions but I don't regret any of them! And yes we still did spend a lot even though it was a sale, but we needed these pieces for the new house and RH has wonderful quality furniture that I know we will keep for years and years!

It was so funny too - I ran into two high school friends when I was there, and a friend from church I found out later was there about an hour after we left! For those of you that emailed me about it - I hope you found some great pieces! AND if you didn't make it out there but wanted to - it's still going on for the next TWO WEEKENDS! 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Restoration Hardware is heaven on earth - great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was a dream to see those prices on RH pieces!

      Delete
  2. Of course, I love all of your choices, but that dining room table is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- come to town and I'll feed you at it!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you scored big time!! Love that chaise lounge. Well, really I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm dreaming about when I'll get to lounge on the chaise in my new room!

      Delete
  4. Did you go to the one in Maryland?? I just saw an ad and will be going bright and early tomorrow morning based on your post! Thanks so much, hopefully we are just as successful and you were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am in TX This is the first year they've had one here and I didn't even know they have them anywhere else Good luck!!

      Delete
  5. Quick question--how comfy is the chaise? Could you see lounging on it with a baby, nursing, etc? We're redoing our playroom and I'm trying to decide whether I want a chaise or an armchair (we will obviously have a sofa as well). We've just got one toddler at this point but hope to add another babe in the next couple years so I'm trying to plan for that stage of life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very comfy -- I would definitely nurse a baby lounging in my chaise! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!