*Long-winded post warning!*
We had an extra long weekend thanks to Will being off Friday and then again on Monday for President's Day - it was glorious!
Fridy was an intense day of going, going, going! First up was a Valentine's playdate with friends. We picked up some donuts on the way and couldn't resist come cute heart-shaped ones!
My blurry, failed attempt at a group shot. The kids had a blast playing and exchanging Valentine's though. After the playdate, my designer, Tracey, and I went out to lunch with our kiddos to discuss her plans for our living room! Will had gone into the office for a few hours and then met up with us at our design meeting. We LOVE what Tracey came up with and I can't wait to show off the finished product! If you're local, you need to follow her Facebook page!
Immediately after lunch we met my parents at our new house because my dad was doing our home inspection! We hung out at the house for a bit and then headed home with my mom in tow for nap time. Will stayed home with the kids while my mom and I ran up to a boutique I'd been wanting to check out. Traffic was crazy and this is when our evening got a little hectic!
My mom and I rushed home (as rushed as we could during 5 o'clock traffic) and as soon as we pulled in the driveway, she hopped out and Will hopped in. We picked up food for some friends who just had a baby and went to deliver it. Normally I just go alone, but they bought a gorgeous old house in town and completely gutted it and I wanted Will to see. We all visited for awhile, and before I knew it, it was after 6. We were supposed to drop the kids off at our church at 6 for our date night! We rushed home again, grabbed Liam, and took him up to the church. My mom and dad ended up staying at our house to watch Liesl because she woke up really fussy from her nap. Her thumb has been living in her mouth so I'm pretty sure she's getting another molar, poor girl. So at this point, Liam was at church playing with friends, my parents were watching Liesl at home, and we were supposed to be going out to dinner. I felt bad for my parents staying, but they were adamant about us getting a night out so we picked them up some dinner after dropping off Liam. I'm really thankful for our family and church who make such an effort for us to have a date night together!
Now the only problem was, we didn't have anything planned to do! Will had called a few places earlier in the day and everything was booked. We ended up going to this little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant where we were the only table and then to La Madeleine for dessert. It was perfect! It was quiet and private and we actually got to talk to each other for two straight hours with no interruptions! We stopped at the grocery store for Valentine's balloons for the kids before picking up Liam, and that was the end to our crazy Friday!
Saturday morning we woke up slow and I snuck out to set up the kid's table for Valentine's.
We got the kids a few small treats and some new books. And their robes, of course, that I adore!
This was Liam's face right before he proclaimed this to be "the best day ever!" I'm pretty sure the balloons get the credit for that!
This picture of Liesl cracks me up. She got some new necklaces from my parent's the day before and insisted she wear one with her new robe. Then she scarfed powder sugar donuts and made herself at home with the remote. I'm pretty sure she's watching HGTV here, ha!
That was pretty much the end of Valentine's for us! My parents had given the kids some treats on Friday and Will's parents gave the kids some on Saturday as well. I actually spent most of the day in Dallas with Tracey shopping for furniture. We found some great pieces! When I got home I took a much needed Valentine's nap, Will's mom came over for a bit to visit, and Will grilled us up a delicious dinner!
On Sunday the kids were actually being really cooperative for a Sunday morning picture! We went to church and then hit up Costco for groceries.
After naps, it was time to party! One of my very best friends from college has the sweetest little boy who just turned ONE!
The party was at a park which the kids loved!
The sweet birthday boy!
He pushed his present ALL over the park!
I went a little picture crazy this weekend because I finally have a memory card to take real pictures with. I lost mine sometime after Christmas so I haven't taken anything other than phone pictures in nearly two months!
On Monday Liam woke up with a random fever so we hunkered down for the most of the day. Will went to the final walk-through for our house which went well, and we will have one more truly final walk-through next Monday, the day before we close! 7 days and counting! Today Liam woke up cool as a cucumber and acting fine, but he's missing school and it's freezing out, so it looks like another indoor day for us!
Now, to make this already ridiculously long post just a little longer - a Valentine's flashback!
2012
2013
2014
2015
Photo courtesy of my talented friend, Joy!





















I can't wait to see what design she comes up with! The children's table is adorable :) Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteChelsea@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com
What a crazy busy weekend! But it sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful moments! Liesl on the couch with the powdered face is greatness!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day!!
Cannot wait to see all you and Tracey got!! Such a love filled weekend with friends and family!! So glad yall had a great Valentine's weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend and super cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhy does Liam suddenly look 15?!?!?! Especially in the last picture
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a fun weekend! I can't believe how close you are to moving in! I can't wait to see the house!
ReplyDelete