Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: My Favorite ROOM!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! 

We are MOVED IN! 

Well, like 85% moved in. There are still a few little things here and there at our old house we need to collect. But we are in and we LOVE IT! I'll do a recap of our move soon, but today I waned to link up with Andrea @ Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today is all about your favorite room so I had to jump in! Of course, right now every room is my favorite room, but I actually took some real pictures of the kitchen yesterday for my interior designer's "before" pictures, so that's going to be the room I show off today! 


It is very bare bones right now because I love how white and clean it currently is, so I'm refusing to set much of anything out on the counters yet!


We still need to get all of our hardware installed, hopefully this week or next, and I chose this collection from Pottery Barn in oil rubbed bronze. 



Two of these lanterns from Shades of Light are going to replace the pendants over the island. They actually just arrived last night, so I'm hoping my husband is feeling handy tonight and wants to install them! 


The back wall is where I intended a gorgeous open shelving unit that I bought months ago to go, but alas, I didn't read the dimensions carefully and it is literally one to two inches too wide! (Luckily, it works beautifully in the dining room!) I put my bar cart in the space for now, and my interior designer, Tracey, came up with the great idea of adding an old door and a large framed chalkboard! We are still on the hunt for a door and will probably DIY a chalkboard, so that little area is still a work in progress!

So that's our kitchen so far! It has gotten the most use so far which is exactly how I like it. We cooked our first meal yesterday - mac and cheese for the kids for lunch! So fitting. 

I'll be back with more rooms, I promise! 


19 comments:

  1. I love it :) So adorable.. I am in love with a white kitchen!!!!!
    Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited to see it all! The kitchen is perfection! A white kitchen is my dream and yours just looks so clean and lovely! Love that oven wall, too! Hope you are all getting settled in well! Oh, and we moved what like 9 months ago and still don't have hardware on our cabinets...oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! We are feeling really at home already! And I'm glad to hear about the hardware - we called the install guy but haven't heard back yet so who knows when it will happen! :)

      Delete
  3. Looooooove the kitchen!!! I can just see Liam and Liesl sitting at the bar and all the memories being made!! So happy you are home and enjoying your beautiful new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , thank you! And I'm glad you and Melody got to be our first visitors! Now just come back and see it with furniture!

      Delete
  4. I love the white! What a great space! And the lantern light fixture too! Looks like we have some similar taste :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes - I cannot wait to get those lanterns up and see how it all looks!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I am jealous of how spacious and clean it is! What a fabulous kitchen.
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is so spacious and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! It's beautiful! I always been afraid of having a white kitchen with little ones, but it makes the room look so clean and crisp. I LOVE IT! I want your courage and your kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I know it won't always look this clean but I will try! I can't wait for you to see it in person!

      Delete
  8. It is such a beautiful room! Congrats on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Especially the white and how open it is. Also, love where the appliances are located so you can have plenty of cabinet space! So excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like such a nice, open kitchen! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!