Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Week 7 Recap!

Hello, hello! 

Another week has come and gone -- I am SO excited for spring to get here and the weeks really are flying by lately but then that also makes me sad because tiiiiime is such a thief! Anywho, this was our week last week!

Monday I have zero pictures other than screen shots of kids furniture that I sent to Will. We are gearing up to get Liam a bunk bed and eventually move the boys in together. Maybe over the summer? Not sure about the exact timeline yet, but we are going to go ahead and get the bunk beds because Liesl pretty much lives in there too. I'm super excited about it! I know that I also went to the gym that day, Liesl had dance, and Liam had basketball - and that's our typical Monday!

On Tuesday we all had work and school. Since it was Valentine's week, the kids indulged me and posed for pictures before school! These were honestly the best I got, lol.




Thanks to Elias' shirt, we busted out our robot dance moves! 

Wednesday was a bit of a crazy day. Will had to fly to NYC for the day, and it happened to be the only day I was free to go and get his surprise Valentine's gift. We do NOT do Valentine's up big with gifts and stuff EVER. We always get each other cards, the kids some small goodies, and Will always gets me and Liesl flowers. That's usually IT. But Will has been talking nonchalantly about this Sous Vide meat cooker for over a month, and I just really wanted to get it for him. He's a phenomenal cook and never buys anything for himself, so he more than deserved it! So thus began the wild good chase to find one. The specific one he wanted wasn't on Amazon, wasn't at the Target 20 miles away that said they had it, so that afternoon Elias and I headed into Dallas. Liesl went to a friend's house after gymnastics, so Elias and I ended up having a fun little day date together at the mall. 


Lunch at La Madeleine the day before Valentine's Day calls for a linzer cookie! 




This girl and her love of lipstick is still going strong 

We also made Valentine's Day rice crispy treats Wednesday night because why not?! 


I went ahead and gave Will his gift when he got home that night. I knew he would want to use it the next evening on our steaks! 

Thursday was a fun day! The kids loved their goodies, then they all went to school and got MORE goodies. I loved my flowers and my students spoiled me with goodies too! Liam was supposed to have baseball practice, but I didn't realize it was canceled until we were in the car headed to the ball fields. Oops. So we detoured to the park to play! Will cooked us the most delicious steaks, and while they took forever and we didn't actually sit down to eat our Valentine's dinner until nearly 9pm (us, not the kids) it was well worth the wait!










Aren't these bracelets darling! My sweet friend made them. You can find her on IG @meetvirginiasue 




Snagged my galentine and one of my valentine's at the park for a picture! 


Friday we were up and at 'em early for a little road trip! The kids had Friday and Monday off school for a bad weather day and President's Day so the four day weekend was our chance to escape for some adult time. My parents stayed the weekend at our house with the kids which they loved, and Will and I headed north to Oklahoma! 

I've been wanting to check out Pioneer Woman' restaurant for forever and her family lodge that she films her Food Network show at was open for visitors as well! The drive was about 5 hours but went surprisingly quick because we binged The Cold Podcast the entire drive there and back (and in between). It was creepy and sad and crazy but good! 















We spent Friday and Saturday eating as many meals at Ree's restaurant The Mercantile as we could, did some touring and souvenir shopping. I wish we could have wandered about the downtown area a little more but it was just too cold. It actually snowed the morning we drove up but we never saw any of it. Just freezing rain! Totally worth it though. On Sunday we took our time driving home, driving down historic route 66 most of the way and stopping in Oklahoma City to see the memorial from the Oklahoma City bombing. We made it home around 4 and promised the kids a sleepover because #noschool! It was a quick but fun little getaway with my man! 

Also, all I have is video, but we came home to my mom having taught Liesl how to tie shoes! She was so proud of herself and so are we!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!