Sunday, June 16, 2019

Week 23 Recap!

We started out our first full week of summer with baseball camp for Liam. Yep, up and at the ball fields by 8am on the first day of summer is exactly as fun as it sounds, hahaha. It's okay though - it was only three days long and Liam had a good time! Not a great time, lol, because it was hot and "we had to exercise mom!" But it was good for him and ended with a lesson on sliding that included swimsuits, water, dish soap, and a giant tarp. Tons of fun for an 8 year old! 

Here they go!


After day 1 of baseball camp, we met friends up at the library for their summer reading program kickoff! The kids (and myself) grabbed some books, completed a scavenger hunt, and enjoyed some popsicles! 


And we ended the evening with Magic School Bus on the back porch with ice cream because SUMMER! 


On Tuesday morning, Liam was at baseball and Elias was spending time with my MIL, so Liesl and I spent a few hours playing games. Her current favorite is Zingo! 


Tuesday afternoon, Liesl went to my MIL for their weekly playtime, and I cannot remember what the boys and I did.

Tuesday evening we went swimming at our friends house. We love swim nights! 


Thursday was Liam's last day of baseball camp. Elias and I went early to watch the last hour or so, and I got to see Liam make a homerun just as we were walking up! He was so excited we saw it! 


Thursday afternoon Liam went to my MIL's house, and I took the littles to the pool neighborhood pool. There were a few people when we first got there, but not long after we had the place to ourselves. They had a blast! 



Thursday night we surprised the kids and took them to see Aladdin. It was SO good! We all enjoyed it. 


Selfie in the parking lot after the movie! 


On Friday I don't remember that we did much during the morning, but then we all headed to the pool in the afternoon until dinnertime. The kids talked us into letting them have a sleepover in our room! 


On Saturday, I spent the morning up at church getting our room ready for VBS, and then it was off to my parents' house for the day! We all swam and just hung out for the day. I got my baby snuggles in with Eleni, and these two boys were mischief makers. They are going to be double trouble as they get older, we can already tell! We had to drag Liam and Liesl out of the pool eventually. It was a causal, fun day! 



Sunday porch pic! 


We went to church and taught Liesl's Sunday School class, ran some errands, and then we attended a new family class at church. It's all about families - we worship together, listen to a short message together, and then break up into our own families to discuss the topic of the night. There are age-appropriate questions and it's just like a family bible time, but already planned out for us! Some people go out for dinner after and we will probably join in the future for some of those, but Will was leaving us the next morning and I had a busy week to gear up for solo, so we went on home. 

Will put the kids to bed for me and then I caught this cute moment when Elias ran back downstairs for one last kiss and hug! :) 


And that about wrapped up our first official week of summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!