
On April 8, 2007, also known as Easter Sunday, Will and I became engaged!
Will and I drove to Louisiana from Texas to spend Easter weekend with my mom's side of the family. The drive didn't get off on the right foot to say the least. 45 min into it, we got pulled over and even though I had a lap full of frosted cookies shaped like bunnies and even though Will was holding the world's cutest puppy, Toula, he still got a ticket!
Fast forward about a day, Will has met my mom's entire side of the family (and survived). All throughout the day I have been begging him to let me open the easter basket his "mom" packed for us. I knew there were cadbury eggs in there and I wanted them. Little did I know there was something in there I wanted more.
So Sunday morning arrives and we're all sitting at the kitchen table in pj's with easter bags from my mom and a smaller basket with one egg in it from Will's mom. I probably should have known then but somehow, I didn't catch on. I knew it was coming, but I guess I thought he'd had a big enough weekend meeting my family that he wouldn't throw an engagement in too!
However, when I opened that pink and purple egg and saw the most beautiful shiny, mahogany box, I was so wrong. And so happy! And so shocked! So shocked in fact that I don't remember all the sweet things Will said and my heartfelt response to his life changing question...."OK." Seriously, how lame am I?? I was so nervous with my mom, dad, brother, aunt, and uncle staring at us and embarassed because my mom kept snapping a million pictures....all I could muster was an OK! Either way, I used a synonym of yes, and we were engaged!

The proposal!
Trying to get my other ring off so Will could put THE ring on!
While I sometimes wish I had prepared a better response, maybe put on a cuter outfit and some makeup, it was one of the best moments of m
y life. Probably the best until my wedding day. I made the smartest decision of my life. And all I had to do was say OK!
y life. Probably the best until my wedding day. I made the smartest decision of my life. And all I had to do was say OK!
The ring!
We're engaged!!
And here are some of the engagement pics...



And that's our story!




so so sweet :)
ReplyDeletehave fun in California next week!!!
I remember that...well at least you telling me all about it!
ReplyDeletelove the engagement pictures gorgeous! i too can't remember what my husband said to me and what i said back to him - i guess i should just be thankful that he thought ahead and had one of those cardboard cameras (before the digital age) waiting at the restaurant for us.
ReplyDeletethanks so much for posting! loved your story - be sure to come by and read everyone else's stories -- i am loving this!
I just posted my proposal and thought I'd read your sweet story!
ReplyDeleteHow cut is the ring in the egg!
Beautiful engagement pictures, they are so creative!
I can't believe how outdated mine feel just 5 years later! Still good memories though!
Oops, "cute"!
ReplyDeleteso cute :) I love the lighthouse picture too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a surprise. Love the diamond in the egg! I'm glad I found you on the Mimibella boo blog party. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteLove LOVE your engagement photos. What a cute easter basket idea. I too had an awkward response to my proposal, I think it's the shock!
ReplyDeleteThat is great! Your engagement pictures are gorgeous...and so is your RING!
ReplyDeleteYou have great taste in music!
ReplyDelete