Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Fun Day!

Today has been such a fun, relaxing day for us.

Friday will got home from work early and we did some running around town and cooked dinner for the family. Then, he and I and his sis Jennifer went to see Night At The Museum 2. It was OK. Kind of stretchy if that makes sense.

Yesterday we spent hours outside in the crazy heat sanding down that darn desk! It's getting closer to being ready for paint, we still have a few drawers left. All I can say is it better look really cute when it's finished because it has been a loooong process! I also painted one of our kitchen chairs, but I can't decide if "heirloom white" is the right white so I'm going to wait until we move them into the house. That evening my friend Nat came over, and we took her by the house and then out to eat at Zanatas in downtown Rockwall.

Today we slept in - we're trying not to do that anymore, but Will has been up a lot taking care of Rowdy the past few nights, (he's been sick the past few days because of his heartworms) and when he did sleep it was usually on the floor so he needed and deserved the extra rest. We lounged around all morning until my parents came to visit. We took my dad by the house to see the new brick, (and my mom, but she's already seen it) and then they took us to get snow cones! YUM! This evening, Will and I made the best cake ever and everyone really liked it :)

We weren't the only ones who enjoyed our snow cones...



Toula really like my cherry snow cone, can you tell?



Toula kept getting her long ears in the snow cone syrup so we had to improvise with my clippy!

I thought I'd share the recipe for the cake because 1) my Aunt Sue made it and she's an amazing cook 2) it's the perfect cake for summer - light and fruity and 3) it's deliciousssss

It is also really simple to make!

Cake:

1 pgk Duncan Hines Yellow Butter Cake Mix

1 small can mandarin oranges with juice

1 stick margarine

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

Beat and pour into 3 greased and floured cake pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.

Frosting:

1 large can crushed pinapples with juice

1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding

1 large (12 oz) Cool Whip

Mix and cool in fridge until cake is cooled.

Let cake cool, ice layers, and enjoy!



YUM- O!





Seriously try this cake!

3 comments:

  1. Just an fyi. I read your earlier post about leaving your dog in your car while you went on a field trip. Please be very cautious about leaving your dog in a car all day in 90 degree weather. The dog could have suffocated and died. I am so glad he is okay after that.
    The cake does look quite good and I will have to try out the recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your concern - luckily it was cool and rainy most of the time he was in there and when it wasn't i had all four windows cracked plus the sun roof. i was also able to take him out multiple times to play in the lake and drink water. my car was a mess after but he was just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is really looking great! I know you've been looking at interior paint colors- you definitely need to check out this post http://granvillehouse.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-favorite-paint-color-party.html and the links in it! Also, this website www.decorpad.com has a paint gallery tool that's really great! And btw- I am totally trying that cake recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!