Saturday, January 1, 2011

Making Memories


*Happy*
*New*
*Year*


I always get in the mood to organize around the new year. Last year it was the house, and this year it's our memories.


Over the past two days I have...


*finished our Christmas card scrapbook page for this year and the past two. It's a good thing I'll only have to do one page a year from here on out because I was starting to get "over it" by the third page. Maybe that's why I still haven't finished our wedding scrapbook I started last summer...




*Then I decided I wanted to make a book for each year of blogging. I went to blog2print.com and created one, but they wanted nearly $100 for a soft back book. Um, NOPE! So I paid $8 for the .pdf file and printed it out from home. All 246 pages - my printer is a little tired now. =)

Once it was printed I just bought a binder and some sheet protectors and made my own book! It works for now, and I can take it and have it bound somewhere someday if I choose to. I'm going to do the same for year two and so on just in case anything ever happens to it online. I would be devastated!

front cover

back cover

and my 246 pages worth of blog posts in between!

Finished product!

*I also started working on a photo book for Liam (and myself) to document this pregnancy. I have a pregnancy book I bought, but haven't really gotten around to filling it out. Instead, I intend on printing out all my pregnancy-related blog posts and turning them into a journal, and I also wanted a fun photo album that showcases the growing belly over time. Plus, it's just easier to make it online then printing them all out and putting them into a scrapbook!

(screen shots)

The cover for now. I may change it to a picture of Liam once he's here!

Images of Will finding out and my positive test!

First trimester memories and belly pics.

*Lastly, Will and I cleaned out and organized Liam's closet (which I will show pictures of soon), and I organized all the photo albums and folders on our computer. That has been bugging me for awhile, and it needed to get done because I have a feeling the number of pictures will be increasing greatly once we have a new subject to capture!

I saw this sign while we were out today and it made me smile so I thought I'd share =)

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve and has an even better 2011!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! Look how great you did!
    I seriously need to organize but with the basement being finished and nursery...there is stuff EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful ideas! They all look great :) I started our wedding scrapbook and have never finished...and our wedding was over a year and a half ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay where to begin...
    1- love the scrapbook pages! We bought the same "JOY" :)
    2- LOVE the online book. And I actually think that that picture of you on the from of Liam's photo book is pefect because it's a PREGNANCY memory book .. so it's all before he was here.. and I think that that picture is just so adorable. That one, or maybe you can put one of your maternity pictures (if youre having them done). And I actually just got done ordering an online book similar to that, but mine was for the year 2010, so each spread was a different month.

    3- yay cleaning out closets! I actually just need to go clean out my closet for the sake of knowing where things are. :)
    4- I.LOVE.THAT.SIGN. I think everyone should have a sign like that in their house... because it's a good reminder that everyday there are possibilities for good things to happen. :)

    Maybe next time I'll just e-mail you my comments. :)

    OH... and pictures... wouldn't that just be awesome if I did Liams! Hah! A girl who follows my blog actually asked me to do some of her family photos when she comes to Houston! How funny is that. =) I think it's cool when blog world people like turn into people you meet.

    ANYWAYS-- happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked the same tree layout the past 2 years for my blog books too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome how much you were able to accomplish! It all looks so great and I just know you will love having all those memories! Way to start the new year off right!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started a Chritmas book too this year! each year i want to capture the christmas photo we send out and the pictures with Santa!
    and i have only done 1 page in my wedding scrapbook....and we celebrated our 2 year anniversary in october :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey-
    I print my blog out by year use Blurb.com. It is normally around $60- hard cover with image wrap. I love it. Just thought I would share!! : ) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well seeing your organizing success even makes me smile! I'm so Type A! :) Love all the organized memory idea...I need to get busy working on ours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas scrapbook, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am basically copying everything you do this week :) love the blog-book! i am downloading mine as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting a similar Christmas scrapbook and I'll definitely be using those labels! Love your blog and am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!