Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: Recap!

*January*

We kicked the year off by completely reorganizing out closet! It's not as orderly now as it was then, but we have kept it pretty clean =)


We also painted and decorated my craft room (which is now the nursery).

AND Will brewed his first batch of beer. Everyone loved it! I really think his life's dream is to own a brewery.

*February*

With February came a crazy Texas blizzard! It snowed tons!

The dogs loved it!

And we did too!

We also celebrated a nice Valentine's Day at home with a yummy dinner made by the hubs =)

*March*

Celebrated mom's bday!

Took a spring break trip to San Marcos and hit up their amazing outlet mall.
{My new chair for my new desk in my old craft room.}

And then on to Houston to visit Jon and Joanna!

*April*

I got all Martha Stewart and made some cute bird's nest cupcakes for Easter!

Then we found real eggs in the light fixture on our porch!

We celebrated my bro's birthday

and my parents' 30th wedding anniversary!

*May*

Celebrated our 2 year Anniversary with a picnic and concert at the Dallas Arboretum!

My gift - my first DSLR!!!

I also had my first surgery just two days later.

*June*

I survived my first year of teaching and was ready to relax!

Said goodbye to Anne Elise who was moving back to Louisiana for law school

Jon and Jo came to visit!

My cousins came to visit!

*July*

Happy Birthday to William!

Spent the 4th of July with friends in Houston where we got incredibly sunburned!

Attended Laura and Blake's beautiful wedding.

Myrtle Beach Vacation!

July 31 - found out we are having a BABY!!!

*August*

Happy Birthday to me!

Told our families about Baby Lofland!

Attended Will's sister Jennifer's graduation from Baylor.

Attended my friend Brianna's wedding shower and wedding!

*September*

Announced to the blogger and facebook world that a baby is on the way!

Attended the Dallas Greek Festival

Got settled into my second year of teaching and my first year as a FIRST grade teacher!

*October*

Went to the State Fair.

Went to Houston where our friends threw us a baby welcoming party!

*November*

Found out our little one was a BOY!!

Had a wonderful baby shower at work.

Went on a girls trip to Louisiana with my mom!

Will said goodbye to his premium-gas guzzling, two-door, won't fit a carseat "sporty" car...

...and hello to his fuel-efficient, four-door grown up car!

*December*

Went to ICE!

Reunited with some of my besties!

Celebrated our last Christmas as a family of two!

Our big plans for tomorrow include a homemade dinner and sparkling apple cider!

I'm SO excited for what 2011 has in store for us!

11 comments:

  1. Ok I am super excited to have a precious little baby next Christmas but to be honest...I'm a bit sad that it will never be just the 2 of us again! I know, that makes me a bad mom :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily it totally doesn't make you a bad mom! It's normal to mourn your old life, just don't get too caught up doing that, that you miss the birth of your AMAZING new one :)

    Lyndsey your year looks fantastic!! And I could really go for some sparkling cider right about now! We plan to have a low key New Years Eve too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had such a fabulous and blessed year! How exciting that next year will include an addition to your sweet family! Loved all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your closet, it looks huge!! I also love your families reaction to your big announcement. You had such an exciting year and I can only imagine how awesome next one will be with your new addition!! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful year you've had :)

    LOVE the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great year! Our plans tomorrow night include a homemade dinner and sparkling cider too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun year! With little Liam on the way I'm sure 2011 will be the best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2010 looks like it was an amazing year for you! I hope that 2011 is even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new picture for the new year! My hubby and I need to organize our closets! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the recap. It looks like you had a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!