This weekend flew by yet again! But at least that seems to be the trend this week because today seemed about .2 seconds long and I am so ready for it to be Friday already! Christmas break here I come! I have a feeling the couch and I will be good friends =)
So most of you voted Will and I stay home during his time off, and we have decided to do just that! We have some fun things planned (mixed in with lots of sleeping-in and movie-watching I'm sure). Oh, and that thing called Christmas!
Our weekend was busy but fun!
Friday, Will had a work "thing" so he didn't get home until late, so I pretty much had my pj's on from about 5 o'clock on.
Saturday we got up bright and early and took Rowdy to his first playdate! The rescue center we got him from hosts reunions every once in a while and this one happened to be in our area so we went! It was so crazy to see about a dozen Rowdy's running around the dog park, and while he seemed a little shy at first, he was loving playing fetch and exploring with the other dogs in no time! We've had him now for about a year and a half and I can't imagine our family without him; he is our Rowdster! Interested in a new furry addition to your family? Go HERE!
So after we left that we drove back to the other side of the city for Griffin Christmas! We always celebrate early with Will's mom side because of out-of-town family and it was so fun! Everyone played in the annual football game, but this year I had to watch from the sidelines because apparently Liam is a liability =) Next year we'll both be out there!
Speaking of Liam, Will's grandmother and Liam's great-grandmother, got him the sweetest little baby book! I know I already have one, but this is more of a scrapbook than a memory book. It has a lot more places for pictures while mine has more pages for documenting milestones, doctor's visits, etc.
After dinner, gifts, and dominoes we pretty much came home and crashed!
Sunday we ran about a million errands and dare I say it, got ALL of our Christmas shopping done! Still waiting on packages to arrive and I have some stocking stuffers to buy, but the main gifts are complete! I felt like a procrastinator this year because the holidays kind of snuck up on me, but I'm glad I don't have to spend my Christmas break dealing with mall crowds!
On Sunday we also took the furbabies to get their picture with Santa! I know, you can roll your eyes, but we started it like three years ago with Toula just for fun and now it's kind of a tradition. Plus the proceeds go toward the SPCA which I really like.

Toula, Rowdy, and SANTA!
So fun! Love the puppies and Santa picture!
ReplyDeletesoooo cute!! love the doggie picture :)
ReplyDeletei took ellie 2 years ago to see santa! i need to take them both this year : )
ReplyDeletewe got netflix streaming this weekend where you just stream it instantly through your wii and i KNOW i'm going to take serious advantage of that over the break : ) we deserve it though for chasing kids around every day, right?!
I'm a new follower! Love the picture of the dogs with Santa. That is such a cute idea :)
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to justify the dog pic! ;) I'm right with you...Boone (our dog) gets his name right next to ours on the card each year! I can't wait to relax over break either...whew! Much needed!
ReplyDelete