Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies


Who wants cookies???


Meeeee!

A while ago I posted a paper flower tutorial I found on this blog. That same day I saw she had another post with a cookie recipe I couldn't pass up. So last week Liam and I got to baking. Well, I got to baking while he sat on the counter and watched...for 45 minutes! And giggled the whole time! He's a great little assistant.

The recipe:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 bag large marshmallows

Pretty simple.

The frosting:
I just bought a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips, melted them on the stove, and spooned the chocolate on top.

Easy peasy.


The directions:
Mix cake mix, eggs, oil into dough. Roll 1 inch balls onto cookie sheet and bake @ 350 for 6 minutes.
Cut marshmallows in half and place (sticky side down) on cookies. Bake for additional 2 min.
Take them out and set on cooling rack. Repeat. I made like 3 dozen!


Once cookies are finished, top with melted chocolate and EAT to your heart's content!


Oh, and while you're waiting for the cookies to bake, you could take a million pictures of your assistant being oh-so-adorable. But I suppose that step is optional.


Liam: "Aren't you going to feed me a cookie??"

Mama: "No, but you can have some milk."

Liam: "...I'll take it!"


Get to baking!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Liam is absolutely adorable. He looks like he is SUCH a happy baby! And those cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming over now for cookies - I'm sure Mallory would love some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look amazing! I'm going to have to try them! Liam is so cute! What a perfect little smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM ! Or should I say "miam", that's how we say "yum" in French ;) These look amazing ! I just got a huge craving... and I'm trying to eat well these days. It's going to be tough with recipes like that around.
    & can I just say baby Liam looks so adorable ?! his smile would make anyone's heart melt like the chocolate on those cookies !

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!
    Liam is so cute! I hope my baby has great hair like him : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound so good! and having help in the kitchen that adorable makes baking so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look amazing! It our condo didn't get so warm this time of year, I would definitely try making them. But, I am not sure my little girl could last that long with me baking. I am pretty sure she would want to be held within 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those cookies look amazing...and liam is precious as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM!!! I love recipes that involve cake mix! I need to stock up so I can whip up one when I read it!

    What do you sit Liam in/on when your cooking? I use the bouncy chair and put it on our counter but it's so big it takes up most of my prep space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I will definitely make these :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is going to love you for posting that recipe!
    Liam is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's so adorable!!! And those cookies look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!