Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just ORB it!


I recently got inspired by Katie @ BowerPower to get my ORB on!

ORB = Oil Rubbed Bronze.

I love the look of oil rubbed bronze and would love to replace all of our silver light fixtures, door handles, faucets with fancier ORB versions, but that can get pricey.

Enter ORB spray paint.




For under $8, you can revamp almost anything!

I first attacked our outdoor light fixture. It's one of the first things you notice when you drive up and it.was.fugly.

(Ignore the bowling ball baby under my shirt and notice the light at the top left.)

And...

I think it matches the facade of the house much better now and looks more expensive for practically nothing! And it was so easy that I had planned on doing a step-by-step how to, but I didn't have enough steps! Will was able to take the glass out of the fixture so we didn't even have to tape it. We just applied two coats about an hour apart, let it sit a few more hours, and it was ready.

Next on my list of items getting ORBed...

Goodbye silver hooks!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I may have to look around the house to see what I can change :-) Love the preggo pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems easy enough & looks a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of buying some ORB as well...can't make up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I'm totally going to so that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done every door knob in our whole house with the rustoleum! Bathroom faucets were also spray painted with it. I learned for regularly used items to sand them with sand paper before I spray painted them it holds up A LOT better and will take longer to get scuffed up! Good luck it makes such a big difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the post that inspired you on Bower Power, too. I feel the urge to ORB something in our house now...humm...what should I pick!? You are right, the exterior light looks way better now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!