It's Friday friends!
(1.) The Great Coming Home Outfit Debate has begun (in my head). With Liam, I picked out a sweet little number that I still love, but I'll be the first to admit was not the most practical. It was sleeveless and short so his razor sharp nails were flailing everywhere and his matching socks of course didn't fit. I was so worried he would freeze to death (on the 5 minute drive home) that I just stuffed a random pair we had on him and was dramatic about it. I vowed to be more "practical" in my outfit of choice this time and settled on this sweet little Kickee Pants outfit soon after we found out we were having a girl. It comes with adorable ruffles and built in mittens so I really felt it was a win/win. Plus she has multiple bows that go with it!

And then my mom had to go and give me my coming home outfit from when I was born! Seriously y'all, it has a bonnet!
So now I'm back to loving the impractical outfit because A. it was mine and B. how much cuter would that be to dress her up in?! What would you do? Decisions, decisions...
(2.) Speaking of hand me downs, my mom also gave me my old rocking chair. It's a Jenny Lind that my Pa-Paw picked out for me when I was little. It got a lot of love over the years so my mom suggested I paint it. I'm thinking Anne Sloane would do the trick, and I have some Pure White left over from the changing table redo. Or I'm even considering just re-staining it. Either way, I'm excited to pass it down to my little miss!
(3.) I'm sorry but not sorry to say I've officially jumped off the Aden + Anais bandwagon and have fallen in love with a new line of baby swaddles. We used A+A with Liam and they are great! Not so much for actual swaddling because neither Will or I were ever very good at getting it to stay on - we prefer the Halo for all our swaddling needs - but they were great to take along in the carseat or stroller for a nice lightweight blanket. I first went back to A+A to look for a cute set for Liesl but just didn't love any of their patterns. Then I was in a local boutique and stumbled upon this brand called Angel Dear. They have a muslin line that is very similar to A+A, and I immediately fell in LOVE with their pink and grey ikat design! I ended up ordering a couple of their swaddles along with the matching bibs and burp cloths. The burp cloths and swaddles are HUGE, and they are all made of the classic super soft muslin. So yeah, I've officially crossed over and I'm not afraid to admit it! They also sell clothes and one of their collections is called the "Penelope." Pretty sure my Liesl Penelope needs an outfit or two from it. Just because.
(4.) I'm not a huge product girl, but I've been on the hunt for a lipstick that doesn't feel like lipstick for quite and while and I finally think I've found it! L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm goes on like chapstick, but has color like a lipstick that supposedly stays on for 8 hours. I'm a chronic "reapply-er" so I would never last 8 hours, but I'll take their word on it. I chose Caramel Comfort and it's perfect for my skin tone. I never really feel finished without something on my lips, but it usually ends up being cherry Chapstick so I'm excited to step it up a bit!
(5.) It's the beginning of the month and I'm seeing people's Week 1 30x30 challenges pop up. I have been wanting to join in on this forever because I am one of those girls that stand in my closet full of clothes and proclaim I have nothing to wear! Obviously being pregnant is not the best time for this seeing as how I couldn't come up with 30 clothing options if my life depended on it - I think I'm down to like 7. But maybe this fall if I can get back into my old clothes before the holidays screw me over become too tempting then I will participate!
Happy Friday!
CHEERS to the weekend!






Ok, I'm going to be totally impractical and say you HAVE to put her in your coming home outfit! It's just too sweet and sentimental not to! I keep saying I'm going to do something more practical this time around but then I see the sweet little frilly outfits and I know that I will probably cave! :) Thanks for sharing those blankets! I'm heading over to their website now! Even though I have plenty of that stuff left over from E, I think baby girl #2 needs some new things too! :) Hope y'all have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI would use the impractical outfit over the practical one. But, if you decide to use the practical one, you can always use your coming home outfit for newborn pictures.
ReplyDeleteI did the 30x30 a few years ago and it was definitely a challenge but I found a lot more combos of things and am glad I did it!!
ReplyDeleteI would probably choose the practical outfit. it's still adorable ( anything with ruffles is my favorite!! especially on the bum!) and it would be warm. both my girls came home on footies for that reason and no-one really saw them anyway. you could use the other outfit for newborn pictures and hang it in her room maybe? either way she'll look precious!!
Ok so you have to put her in your coming home outfit. I don't think its impractical at all - more sentimental.
ReplyDeleteI have an old rocking chair too from when I was little that now sits in Elyanah's room and I've debated about painting it as well. It has a lot of wear and tear on it. If you decide to paint yours I want to see the finished product!
Scarlett has those same kickeepants! Actually wore the same thing home but in a different print! We are obssessed with those at our house! I haven't heard about this 30x30. I'm going to have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the comfy warm outfit. BUT you can use your outfit at the hospital for photos and then switch to the other for the ride home. If you use your outfit the whole time, you'll have to have her covered with a blanket anyways!
ReplyDeleteOh I love your coming home outfit. How sweet to have her come home in the same outfit you did. I think either one will be perfect! Bring both and just go with the one you feel most comfortable with at the time. I love the idea of taking some newborn pics with her in it. I'm so glad you're feeling better and hopefully back to normal. What an ordeal. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, I'm dying over both outfits. I would say go with the first option, the comfy cute sleeper. The bonnet would be precious to wear for newborn pics though! I just had my 2nd girl (well 6 months ago) and pick comfy cute every time over frill cute. I don't know what happened to me, haha
ReplyDeleteI vote for the impractical outfit. It will still be so warm in the car when you have her, you might as well put her in a special outfit!
ReplyDeleteKade was born in September and its still hot hot! He came home in a short sleeves/shorts one piece and was just fine! Meaning go with sentimental!
ReplyDeleteI'm such a sucker for tradition, so I vote putting her in your little outfit...although the sweet little ruffle booty one is absolutely adorable, too!
ReplyDeleteI would totally put her in your coming home outfit. How sweet would that be side by side? BabyLegs would be cute with it if you're worried about her being cold. Exciting!
ReplyDeleteI say outfit #2! It's perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love that you have your coming home outfit! Save it for her newborn photos and bring her home in the practical outfit. It's still super cute and that way you get nice pro photos of her in the outfit.
ReplyDelete