Somehow an entire week passed! It's been a busy one and a quick one. While on one hand that means I missed a whole week of blogging, it also means it's now the weekend again!
Here's a LONG picture heavy recap of my birthday and our week. And some random stuff from the end of July thrown in because I just got around to downloading pictures off my camera...
Last Friday we went to my friend Tracey's house for a playdate and birthday breakfast which turned into hanging there pretty much ALL day!
Tracey had these waiting for me when we got there. I have the sweetest friends! And the kids didn't mind having a million donuts for breakfast either :)
Our little rascals play so well together. And also get into trouble well together.
When I finally drug the kids (and myself) away from all the fun we got home and found a surprise visitor! Will left work early and had just beat us home! And yes my gifts are wrapped in glitter paper. I love that man.
Liam was a huge help when it came time for cupcakes and candles - look at those huge cheeks!
Saturday we spent the day at my parent's house. They took us out to lunch at a delicious new Greek restaurant and then we had more cake and swam, swam, swam!
By Sunday I was cake'd out, so Will's mom made a delicious pie for me and cupcakes for Will's sister (we share a bday!). Liesl went to TOWN on a cupcake. Like shoving fistfuls of cake in her mouth. Her first birthday should be entertaining!
Last week we woke up to rain and spent the whole morning playing outside in it. To say they loved it would be an understatement.
Liam also drew his first "real" picture that morning! He usually just scribbles and tells me what it is, or he'll draw his version of something if I ask. But this morning he sat there drawing and then called me over to see Mickey! Do you see his face, eyes, and big ears? I was so proud of him! I had to take a picture because the rain washed it away soon after.
We have been struggling getting Liam to use the restroom. He's fully potty trained for #1, but #2 has been a huge battle. He will either hold it until he's in a nighttime pull-up, or until he can't anymore and runs away to hide and has an accident. It is SO FRUSTRATING because he's gone before so I know he CAN, but it's like he's scared or something I don't know. I know it's normal but I'd like to conquer this before school starts. We've tried just about every method and offered him everything under the sun if he'll go, but he just didn't care. I finally found the one thing he will go for - water balloons! This was us picking up his reward one afternoon after a successful potty trip! He's had a few hits and misses since then but some is better than none!
We had these waiting for Will when he got home that day. Liam and I attacked his car and then they attacked each other while I cooked dinner in peace. Win-win!
Liesl's birthday is next month and the party planning has begun! You can see more party-prep in the background of my birthday pictures. We are having a First Fiesta for miss Liesl!
One day while Liam was gone having his weekly day date with Will's mom I decided to take some pictures of Liesl. I'm trying to use the days Liam is gone to get more individual pictures of her with my good camera because there aren't many! It was her first bath in the tub alone!
She was beside herself to have the whole playroom to herself. She loves all of Liam's trucks and legos, but poor thing needs some girly toys. She only has one small basket that's "hers" but it's mostly infant toys that she is quickly outgrowing.
She blows raspberries ALL DAY LONG! I love that face!
And last night I decided to take some bedtime pictures because I just love these little piggy pi's and wanted to get a picture of Liesl in them before she outgrows them.
Liam decided he wanted his picture taken so he plopped down beside her. He did have a shirt on until he learned the hard way that he can't drink milk out of his cup lying down. Womp, womp.
Then somehow the evening turned into a monster yelling contest?? Liesl is really into copying and they went back and forth giggling in between forever!
HAPPY FRIDAY!












Liesl looks poised for a repeat of Liam's first birthday in your cake pic!
ReplyDeleteAll of these pictures make me so excited to have two kiddos! Such sweet photos and memories. So many things to be grateful for!
ReplyDeleteAdorable photos! Happy August!
ReplyDeleteI had to scroll back up to look for the party decor in the back ground after you mentioned it. I can't wait to see party pics!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pj pics too! And YAY for CAKES!!
Love all those pics of Liesl! She is just too precious! The yelling pictures are too cute!! Also, the theme for her birthday is going to be so cute! So original.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures of them yelling back & forth. Such sweet moments!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe pajama pics are so great and I'm so glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it sweet friend!
ReplyDelete