Liesl Penelope, you are 11 months old!
I can't believe we are in the last month before you turn one. This has hands down been the fastest year ever.
You are still a teeny tiny little peanut and I just want to say THANK YOU because it makes me feel like you are still much younger than you really are. I think you are around 18lbs, wearing 6-12 month clothes, and size 3 diapers.
You might have a third tooth! Your fingers and all toys are permanently in your mouth these days, and I swear I felt the sharp tip of a tooth the other day, but I can't see anything yet. Basically still just two real teeth right now though.
Dare I say it again - sleep is great! 12-13 hours every night, usually 13. Naps are still iffy but you will usually go down for a little while while Liam is asleep, so I get maybe 15-20 minutes to myself during the day.
You eat three meals a day and nurse 4 times. We are starting weaning this month which is going okay - right now you have a bottle at night and your nursing sessions during the day are super quick so those we'll be the next to go. Morning time is going to be the hardest one for both of us to give up I think! I'm sad our breastfeeding journey is coming to an end, but I can tell it's time for both of us. You really like avocado, cheese, and strawberries, and you really don't like scrambled eggs. You love to feed us bites of your food. I've also started giving you pouches and you are really good at them and enjoy them so I'm going to get you some more.

You have learned a lot this month! You are waving bye-bye, pulling yourself up and sitting yourself back down, dancing, cruising along furniture, saying bye-bye, speed crawling, initiating peek-a-boo, shaking your head no, and you have stood alone for a few seconds at a time!
You have turned into a climber this month and love to climb into Liam's chairs, turn yourself around, and just lean back and chill. It's hilarious. You also try to climb on things that are too big you for and I have to come rescue you a lot.

Your favorite toys are your baby dolls, lift the flap books or books that make noise, and all of Liam's cars and trucks. Poor thing really needs some girly toys, most of what you play with are Liam's hand me downs.
You LOVE bath time and especially baths in the big tub with brother. You pretty much idolize your big brother and you love when he plays with you and loves on you.
You are always talking! Like, always. You either babble or will yell and yell and the more we acknowledge it, the louder you become! You love to make people smile and will purposefully be silly if you see it makes others happy.

{mid-yell!}
Your size makes you look like baby, but in reality you are quickly entering toddler-hood and it makes me so, so sad. It must be a second child thing, but you grew up way faster than I imagined you would and if you weren't such a dream and so fun to play with I would be crying about it everyday. Luckily I love watching you learn new things and you love to learn them!

We love you, baby doll!


Loooove! Happy 11 Months Liesl!!
ReplyDeleteshe is TOO adorable!! i can't believe our girls are quickly approaching one! cue the tears! she is looking more and more like liam by the day. what a sweetie :) hope you're enjoying bday party prep!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie! Happy 11 Months!
ReplyDeleteMine used to not like scrambled eggs either, but now they do. And I just recently learned that Wyatt LOVES a boiled egg white. Maybe give that a try.
ReplyDeleteYou're a precious Baby Doll, Liesl!!