Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Liam Says...

In honor of it being Liam's birthday week, I thought it was time for another episode of Liam Says!


When he's doing something he knows he shouldn't be.
"What are you doing?"
"Nuffin."

His stall tactic phrase: "The thing is..."
Liam go to bed. "The thing is, I'm not tired." "The thing is, my belly is hungry."

When I told him we were going to be late to the Halloween party...
Using his hand as a phone: "Beep boop. Don't start the party until we come! Ok bye. Beep boop. Mommy, I texted them with my hand phone and told them not to start the party until we come." 

Liam was upset that his iPad batteries ran out and he wanted me to fix it. I said the batteries are dead and we have to charge it. "People die, iPads don't die." (Insert crazy eyes looking at me!) 

Telling me about his day and that it was someone's birthday in his class. 
"I hid my lunch in my backpack so I could eat a cupcake." 

After a bathroom break. "Pee-rific!" 

Liam wanted to eat his gingerbread man cookie before he finished his dinner.
"Mommy, he said he can't wait so long! He wants his hand to be eaten right now!

To the tune of jingle bells, "Mommies are, mommies are, mommies are the best!"

"Mommy this box won't open! It's no use!"

Me: "Liam, do you like your new shirt I got you?"
Liam: "Yeah. Where did you buy it?"
Me: "I bought it online."
Liam: "And it magically disappeared from the computer into my house?!"

Liam, where do you want to go for breakfast?
"I want to go to Old McDonalds!"

Liam put a pair of Christmas tree glasses on Liesl, "Mommy look at baby Liesl! She looks like a movie star!"

Liesl knocking over Liam's legos, "Why does my baby keep broking them?!"  

We were talking about the mosquitos being dead in the winter.
"What time will they get back to life?" 

Liam: "Mom, you should get a new car." 
Me: "Why?"
Liam: "So you can get a bigger car that can hold a lot of people - like a limousine." 

"I gave Jake (a dog) a marshmallow so he would be my friend." 

"It's 20 o'clock! Time to get in my pizza car and deliver pizza!"

Me: "Even though you are a big boy, can I call you my baby forever and ever?"
Liam: "Yes… But not in the stores." 
Me: "What?"
Liam: "You can call me baby (in our bedroom) but not in the stores."

Naming his colors in spanish...
Blue - "Azul"
Yellow - "Amarillo"
Orange - "Colorado!"

Uptown Funk song lyrics: "Uptown funk you up."
"Uptown funky what!"

"Mommy, cars are faster than chipmunks." 

Pappou (my dad) was having trouble buckling Liam's car seat belt.
"Oh no, did you break a nail?!"

Liam: "Mommy if you say please you can have the golden marshmallow!"
Me: "Please!"
Liam: "Here you go."
I pretend eat it (I thought I was supposed to!)
Liam: "No don't eat it! It's a statue!"
Me: "A statue?"
Liam: "Yeah, it's a statue of me!"

Four/for = foy 

Three = free

Pattern = patterin 

Spot = sot 

Because = e-cuz 

Liam: "I'm the boss!"
Will: "No, Tony Danza is the boss." 
Liam: "I'm the Tony Danza; I'm the boss!"

Liam: "I want to take care of dogs." 
Me: "So you want to be Veterinarian??"
Liam: "Yes! I want to be a Canarian!"

Ed Sheeran song lyrics, "We found love right where we are."
"We found lots of where we are!"

Conversation after an ice day...
Liam: "Is the lake ice or water?"
Me: "It's water baby, the sun melted all the ice."
Liam: "Aw man, I wanted to skate on it! Mom, what if we get a sun trap and when the sun comes down, I trap it!"

At Office Max getting Liam's birthday invites printed.
"I suppose I need balloons for my birthday party." 
Yes, I suppose you do!

Liam comes in while I'm reading a book in the bath. 
"Mommy, do you want a bath toy?" 

"That's odd!" - a phrase he says a lot!

Telling Liam about St. Patrick's days and wearing green. 
Very seriously he says, "I don't like that game. Pinching is not nice. Why did you tell Patrick to pinch?!" He has a Patrick in his class at school...I had to do some serious backtracking so he wouldn't go to school the next day mad at Patrick, ha!

Me calling to Will who I thought was in the living room, but it was Liam.
Me: "Babe?"
Liam: "Babe's upstairs!"

And, drum roll please, my current favorite Liam Says...

Me: "Liam, don't bite your fingernails"
Liam: "I wasn't. I was eating my boogies."
Me: Sigh. "That's not better."


6 comments:

  1. I'm sitting at work dying laughing right now! This is too funny! A and Liam would be best friends, I swear. 20 o'clock and 48 o'clock are A's two favorite times of day :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite possibly my favorite thing I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you do need a limousine!!! :) These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a hoot! He sounds hilarious. I love keeping track of the funny things they say. I know we will look back on these in the future when they are grown and just laugh and laugh!
    Calllyn's stall tactic is "I have a question" "Ok, what?" Then she thinks really hard, looks all around for something she can possibly ask/talk about until she finally thinks of something. Such a stinker! She also says four like foy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ADORABLE! I'm going to start singing that every time I listen to uptown funk! "Uptown funky what" is way better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pee-rific!! Awesome! Also love te booger story haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!