Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring Break, Part 2

The rest of our break!

Thursday! Thursday I hung out a bit at home by myself and then took dinner to a friend who just had a baby. My mom brought the kids back in the afternoon, so we spent the rest of the day just playing!


Thursday evening, I got Liam's birthday invites addressed and stuffed. I can't believe he's turning 4 in TWO weeks! 


Friday! Friday Will had the day off and suggested we take the kids to the Perot Museum for the Sherlock Holmes exhibit. Liam is still very into his mystery shows and enjoyed trying to solve the mystery. I'm not sure that we ever did, but he had fun getting his Jr. Detective book stamped and testing out some of the experiments.


I asked him to make a detective face. Apparently it's very serious business. 

 


We also explored the rest of the museum for a few hours! 




And had snacks. 




Oh no she didn't! Look at that face like, "Are you watching me? I'm gonna do it!"


Me: "Liam, what are you making?"
Liam: "A pile." 

Well, ok then! 


I think Liesl went over this bridge 17 times! She used my hand the first few times and then was determined to do it herself...and she did! She was very proud of herself every time too!



Saturday! On Saturday Liesl and I went to a birthday party for my friend's daughter who turned one! We all prayed for this sweet girl for over a year while they went through the adoption process! 


Saturday night my friend was hosting a shower at her house, so her husband and his two kids came over. He and Will were on dad-duty so I ran a couple errands.

Sunday! Sunday we went to church and then actually didn't have plans for lunch with anyone! We came home and just hung out all afternoon. The weather was nice so we spent some time outside launching balloon rockets. My dad got these for Liam and he's obsessed. Only a couple ended up on the roof! :) 







And that's a wrap on Spring Break! Liam goes back to school today, and he's pumped to see his teachers and buddies! 

4 comments:

  1. We've never been to the Perot Museum but I'm pretty sure we need to go soon! Looks like so much fun! Love laid back Sundays where you can just enjoying being at home with family! And I need to come play with the balloon rockets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really just have the most beautiful children! Looks like such a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It looks like you had a great Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!