We had a wonderful birthday weekend for Will and 4th of July! We had so much to celebrate that it felt like it just kept going and going which is my kind of weekend! I went crazy with pictures and these are just from my phone, so you've been warned!
We kicked off our weekend on Thursday with Will's birthday! Liam and I decorated the house for both his birthday and the 4th of July -- I'm pretty sure his birthday will be red, white, and blue themed from here on out -- how am I just now doing this?!!
Liesl got all fancied up for Daddy's special day!
We had Will's mom and sister over for dinner so we spent the evening grilling and playing corn hole outside. It was low key and relaxing, just as a birthday should be! And it ended with cake!
They may or may not have matching sunglasses -- that they got separately.
On Friday we headed to my parent's house for their town's 4th of July celebration. It's always on the third so it's been a standing tradition that we join them. I accidentally left my camera in their bag so I will have more pictures to add later on. It was a fun day though and the fireworks show was excellent! Liam and Liesl both enjoyed it although Liesl was so tired by that point that she had her head on my shoulder for most of it. She crashed before we even made it out of the parking lot!
Saturday morning we got up early for our neighborhood's first annual bike parade, and it was the CUTEST! Our neighborhood has a good mix of young and older families, so there was a great turnout of riders and spectators!
We decorated Liam's bike and he rode in the parade with Will while Liesl and I cheered them on!
They were in the middle of the pack, so it was a large group!
Doesn't get much more American than that!
We came home to rest a bit and then headed out to our friend's block party! They had a live band, tons of good food, a bounce house, and the cul-de-sac blocked off so the kids could run around. It was a really fun night!
Sweaty all over = having a BLAST!
We take a group photo every year and it keeps getting bigger and bigger -- I love it!
We ended the evening with sparklers and glow sticks and then we headed home to catch our town's firework show. We have a good view of the park they shoot them at from our backyard, but they started while we were still driving so we just pulled over and watched them from a parking lot. The kids loved getting to see two finales!
We had a fantastic weekend celebrating one of our favorite people and our freedom!






























I love the little parade that you guys had with the kids!! Looks like so much fun :)
ReplyDeleteChelsea @ hewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/
i love all of liesl's festive outfits :) looks like a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteWe had the best time celebrating the 4th with our wonderful friends!! No video or mention of the great singing??? :)
ReplyDeleteMy child's face in the last photo cracks me up! She is not happy her sparkler is out!
So glad Will had a great birthday and the bike parade looks so awesome!!
Our denim jumpsuit is adorable! Love all of the happiness! =)
ReplyDelete