Thursday, November 12, 2015

Liesl, 2 Years


Liesl Penelope, you are two years old!

 (plus two months -- i'm running a tad behind)

You are 34 inches tall (50%) and 24lbs (45%). You had a huge growth spurt since your 18 month appt - three inches! You are turning out to be long and lean just like big brother!

You love to sing and dance! You know how to sing parts of Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, and Bushel & A Peck, but you will make up words or sing nonsense words to just about any tune! You like to shake your booty at any chance and dance in the car. 

We are working on counting, colors, and shapes. You can mostly count to ten but miss a few numbers in the middle, usually 6 and 7. You LOVE to read books and have Brown Bear, Brown Bear memorized. You just call it "bown beaw" 

You are a great sleeper! You take at least a 2 hour nap during the day and sleep 12+ hours a night -- many days I have to wake you up from both or you'd sleep the day away. You are still in a crib and have made no attempts to get out (which is surprising since you are the daredevil of the bunch), so we have no plans right now to move you to a big girl bed. 

You are still an incredibly picky eater. No meat, no whole veggies, no pasta, and only a few fruits. You could basically survive off of scrambled eggs, Greek yogurt, blueberry whole grain waffles, and crackers. And a lot of days you do. However, strangely enough, you will drink just about anything. We've been juicing a lot and giving you combinations of kale, beet, apple, orange, pineapple, carrot, etc. and you love them all. 

You love your baby dolls and bunny or "buh-ey," whom you sleep with everyday and night and just carry around a lot. You also love to play with your pretend makeup and carry your dance bag around like a purse. 

However, you also love to play in the dirt with Liam and stay outside until a bath is necessary. You love the slide and the swing best - you could do both all day!

You had your first ER trip which was technically after you turned two but only by a week or so. It seems to be healing nicely but we are still waiting for the glue to fall off to see how bad the scar is. Since I wrote this the glue has come off and the scar is minimal! You, however, are still a daredevil. 

You are a huge mama's girl. You love your Daddy, but when your feelings are hurt or you just need to snuggle, you come right to me and aren't afraid to let the other person know you don't want them! 

You go to preschool at our church two days a week. I'm there too so I get to peek in on you and you are almost always being carried or sitting in the lap of one of your teachers, usually Miss Shelby. They just love you and tell me how good and sweet you are all the time! You are good about seeing me and giving me a grin and a quick wave or blowing me a kiss and then moving on with your class. 

You always ask where people are - usually Bubba or Daddy if they leave the room. You always say "right there" when we ask where someone or something is with a point. 

Every night we go upstairs and read four books, sing two songs, say prayers and night-nights, blow a million kisses and then lights out. We usually go through a cycle of reading certain books in a certain order until I (or Will) change them up, but you will not read a book out of order even if you love it. 

You are a sassy little thing! The terrible twos started early for us as well as the tantrums. When you don't get your way you will lay yourself down on the floor and bury your head to cry. It's hilarious and so pitiful at the same time. At least you don't thrash around or anything so we just let you do it until you forget what you're upset about and move on.

Things you say...

(you talk a LOT but these are just a few words/phrases I hear on the daily)

"No." ( even if I offer you your most favorite thing in the world, you initially say no. Then you will realize that you do like it and will quickly  change your tune.)

"Up, peas, mommy" (when you want to be held)

"More _____ peas, mommy"

"a-din, a-din!" (again, again!)

"I do it" usually followed by "I did it!" 

"Nack, peas" (snack, please)

"Back-cack" = backpack

Bubba = Liam

Where ____ do (go)?" Usually, Bubba or Daddy

"Meowk" Milk (although now it's "milky" and I'm SO sad meowk is not your word anymore. I looooved it!) 

Liesl - "See-suhl" although you also call yourself "baby sister" when you see yourself in pictures.

And now...pictures. I took these quickly yesterday evening and while the wind was not doing us any favors, they perfectly capture our big girl! 










7 comments:

  1. The pics turned out great! I love your little girl so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful pictures! 2 is such a fun age... even all the craziness and sassiness that comes with it, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is too cute!! Great pictures! I wish I could get my two-year-old to smile at the camera long enough for me to take a picture haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm surprised I got so many smiling pictures -- it was a CHORE just getting her to look at me!

      Delete
  4. She is so darling! Looks like you've done a great job at teaching her manners. Up peas, more peas, nack peas. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!