I am thirty!
I've had a week now to let it sink it, haha.
Truthfully, the end of this pregnancy is kicking my booty and I've just been too dang tired to accomplish much, like blogging. BUT, I have big plans and dreams for this decade so let's get to it! Number one on that list it to have a third baby, lol, so hopefully that happens in the next three weeks -- or less! :)
Since my actual birthday was a Monday, it was a pretty typical day with some birthday treats thrown in. The kids slept in that morning which was a nice start! We all got ready and I dropped them off at my friend Ginni's house for Backyard Bible Club while I treated myself to a nice, long pedicure!

Blue for my boy!

I had a surprise ultrasound right after which was such a treat because I thought I was finished getting them after our last one in June. They called me the week before and apparently there was one back during the second trimester I had missed (I think because we did the 3D/4D one too) so I got to have it now to check on Elias' size! He was measuring 5lb 11oz and about 18 inches long.
My friend Tracey picked up her kids and mine, and I met them all back at her house where she treated me to lunch, flowers, and cake! It was all delicious and so thoughtful! We hung out with them until nap time, and then it was back home for the day. The kids both fell asleep after such a packed morning of playing!

When Will got home we just ate dinner at home since we'd had a date the night before and the kids brought me my presents! Will outdid himself and got me something I've been wanting for a LONG time -- a new camera! I don't know how to use it much at all yet, but the manual and I will become fast friends, I'm sure. He also got me a bunch of goodies from the #NSale that I can't wear yet or haven't come in yet, but I'm hoping it will all be great motivation to shed this baby weight for fall! :)


Thanks to the cake Tracey got me, Will was off the hook with that. He did get some fun sparkler candles though that the kids helped me "blow" out!



And that was my thirty!
The night before, we hired our first real babysitter (we've never had to thanks to awesome grandparents but decided it was time to have one on reserve for occasion) and went out on a date! Brooklyn was so great with the kids, and they can't wait for her to come back!

Tuesday night we went out to dinner with Will's mom, sister, and her boyfriend for one last birthday hurrah. My SIL and I share the same birthday (she'll always be two years younger than me, boo!! lol) so we had a fun family dinner followed by more cake and gifts at her house after!

And this was a little birthday selfie I posted to IG.
I've had a week now to let it sink it, haha.
Truthfully, the end of this pregnancy is kicking my booty and I've just been too dang tired to accomplish much, like blogging. BUT, I have big plans and dreams for this decade so let's get to it! Number one on that list it to have a third baby, lol, so hopefully that happens in the next three weeks -- or less! :)
Since my actual birthday was a Monday, it was a pretty typical day with some birthday treats thrown in. The kids slept in that morning which was a nice start! We all got ready and I dropped them off at my friend Ginni's house for Backyard Bible Club while I treated myself to a nice, long pedicure!
Blue for my boy!
I had a surprise ultrasound right after which was such a treat because I thought I was finished getting them after our last one in June. They called me the week before and apparently there was one back during the second trimester I had missed (I think because we did the 3D/4D one too) so I got to have it now to check on Elias' size! He was measuring 5lb 11oz and about 18 inches long.
My friend Tracey picked up her kids and mine, and I met them all back at her house where she treated me to lunch, flowers, and cake! It was all delicious and so thoughtful! We hung out with them until nap time, and then it was back home for the day. The kids both fell asleep after such a packed morning of playing!

When Will got home we just ate dinner at home since we'd had a date the night before and the kids brought me my presents! Will outdid himself and got me something I've been wanting for a LONG time -- a new camera! I don't know how to use it much at all yet, but the manual and I will become fast friends, I'm sure. He also got me a bunch of goodies from the #NSale that I can't wear yet or haven't come in yet, but I'm hoping it will all be great motivation to shed this baby weight for fall! :)
Thanks to the cake Tracey got me, Will was off the hook with that. He did get some fun sparkler candles though that the kids helped me "blow" out!
And that was my thirty!
The night before, we hired our first real babysitter (we've never had to thanks to awesome grandparents but decided it was time to have one on reserve for occasion) and went out on a date! Brooklyn was so great with the kids, and they can't wait for her to come back!

Tuesday night we went out to dinner with Will's mom, sister, and her boyfriend for one last birthday hurrah. My SIL and I share the same birthday (she'll always be two years younger than me, boo!! lol) so we had a fun family dinner followed by more cake and gifts at her house after!
And this was a little birthday selfie I posted to IG.
Even though I'm huge and uncomfortable, and even though I still had to clean up dog poop in the playroom (thanks for that birthday gift, Rowdy) and fix meals and pick up toys throughout the day, this is my thirty and I am so, so thankful for every bit of it!
You're doing awesome with 30! I hated turning 30...shoot...I hated turning 25 as well. I always tell people 22 was the last age I was excited to turn. haha.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, thanks! I think it helps that I'm the last one in my circle here to turn 30 -- they make it look fun! :)
DeleteI am too! Most of my friends here in Conroe are AT LEAST 5 years older than me...I'm just pathetic!
Delete1. I had my glucose test with Aiden on my 30th birthday, talk about a party
ReplyDelete2. I totally bought some post baby jeans (among other things, oops!) from the nsale. Now I just sit a look longingly at them until they, hopefully, fit.
1. Oh man, I hope you celebrated with cake AFTER the test!
Delete2. So did I!!!! I haven't even taken them out of the box so I won't get depressed, ha!
Happy 30th, Momma! Cheers to an amazing year ahead.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Meghan! I'm looking forward to this next adventure!
DeleteHappy 30th!! You look awesome :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, you're so sweet!
Delete