Friday, August 19, 2016

Popping In!

This has been a FULL couple of weeks! I'm going to write separate posts on all our fun next week while Liam is at school and I'm missing him terribly, so here's a sneak peek while I go soak up the weekend with my little family! We have some school-lunch grocery shopping and first-day outfit finalizing to do! And snuggling. Lots and lots of snuggling. 


The kids spent 5 days with my parents for Yaya and Pappou Summer Camp! I need to compile all the pictures of the fun they had with them and with my MIL this summer during their weekly special days. I can't tell you how amazing it is to have close, involved grandparents as I know this is not the norm for a lot of families!  


We've been making the most out of our last week of summer with playdates and trying new places, like Kid Mania! 


A group of girlfriends and I all have kids starting Kindergarten this year, so we decided a Kindergarten Kickoff party was in order. I offered to host because I'm so pregnant, staying home just sounds easier, ha! And I always love a good excuse to decorate. Everyone brought food and the kids had lunch, played some minute-to-win-it games, and just enjoyed one of the last days of summer together. It was a fun afternoon! 



Class of 2029! 


And then yesterday was finally the day we've been anxiously awaiting all summer - Meet The Teacher Night! Liam's school does Kindergarten on a separate night from the older grades which is so nice! We were able to meet his teacher, drop off his school supplies, and get some goodies like spirit shirts and Husky dogs (the school's mascot). 


Mr. Kindergarten at his desk! I was so happy to see that big smile! He loves his classroom! 


Liesl missed her nap and had lost her ever loving mind at this point. Time to go! 


Liam was much more excited then this picture lets on, haha. He was squinty and OVER pictures by now. But he did say on the drive home that he was only a "little nervous" now for Kindergarten and also excited! My baby is going to have a great year. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! So exciting! G's meet the teacher is TONIGHT and we are all so excited. Her school does a night just for kinder as well and we get to drop her supplies. I'm so excited about this...mainly because I would have no way of getting those supplies in the building with this big belly without J's help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love your party at home! hoping next week goes wonderfully and you get some great time with Liesl before baby brother comes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!