Friday, December 12, 2008

13 days until CHRISTMAS! Let the countdown begin...

It's Friday night and Will and I are sitting on the couch in our sweats watching "Get Smart." And I'm okay with that. We're married. It's our right.

I am so in love with the Christmas season. I love decorating the house/tree, wrapping presents, baking goodies, etc...and one of my absolute favorite things is when all my favorite TV shows have their "Christmas episode." For example, The Office last night = hilarity. And I love how all the dramas like House take a break from all the death and destruction for a good old fashion Christmas miracle. Christmas always makes everything better, even on TV :) Yay Cuddy for finally getting her baby!!

I love all the classic Christmas movies as well and even though we own most of them, it's always better when they come on TV. I don't know what it is, I can pop them in the DVD player whenever I feel like it, but when you're scanning the tv guide and you see Christmas Vacation or Home Alone coming on, it makes everything better! And I can promise you this -- A Christmas Story will most definitely be playing on our television for the entire 24 hours come Christmas Eve/Day. I love everything about that movie and have vowed never to buy it so that when the 24 hour marathon rolls around I can enjoy every minute!

Speaking of tacky sweaters, sort of, Will and I spent the afternoon driving around Dallas to various thrift stores, etc. trying to find him an appropiate ensemble for our party. We (I) have decided that since we are hosting my family's Christmas Eve festivities this year, we would spice things up a bit and make it a Very Merry TACKY Christmas! We weren't sure if the rest of my fam would be up for it, but I have received very enthusiatic responses from everyone so we're really looking forward to it! I found a FABULOUS lime-green sweater with Santa heads all over it from Burlington Coat Factory -- it's pretty amazing. We didn't find anything for Will yet, but we are going to a few more places tomorrow and are keeping an eye on a sweater-vest on Ebay :)

Ok, I'm going to get back to my book (because I'm a huge book nerd and proud of it). I just started book 4 (thank you Aunt Mary for the Barnes and Noble gift card!) of the Pemberly Chronicles and it is so delicious! I HIGHLY recommend this series for anyone who even remotely likes Pride and Prejudice (or is just a sucker for a classic romance). Rebecca Ann Collins does a wonderful job of continuing the story of the Bennett sisters and I mean, honestly, who doesn't want to know what happens next??? By book 4, the story revolves mainly around the children and grandchildren of Jane and Bingley, and I am dying to find out if Anne-Marie Bingley is going to fall in love with Colin Elliot! Until then...

Oh yea, Will and I ARE going to be featured in the February 2009 issue of The Nest magazine! WoOoO!

xo, Lynds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!