Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm Back!

Where have I been? I don't know, just a busy week I guess culminated by an even busier weekend. Things should start slowing down though so I'll have more time to blog. And breathe.

Friday. Friday was quite a day. I started out with about 4 hours of sleep that I justified with the fact that I was only working a half day and that I had stayed up late packing for our weekend. Too bad I actually got zero packing done and Friday was an exceptionally crazy day at school! It was our very first "spirit rally" at school (basically a time for the kids to watch their teachers humiliate themselves and to compete in screaming matches with other grades because they survived the six weeks). Not only did I have to participate in all of that, I had to speak in front of hundreds of children, teachers, parents, etc. about a new program we are starting at our school and I was terrified! I hate, hate talking in front of large groups but I think it went okay. I'm just not thinking about it, truthfully.

Friday is also test day, so I had to calm the kiddos down afterwards and attempt to regain their focus for three tests. At 11:30 I was out of there and racing home so we could get on the road! The next 3.5 hours we drove in the rain to Austin for our good friends Ali and Negar's wedding festivities.

This is Will enjoying his sports TALK radio on the way. This is me not enjoying it....



So we made it with about an hour to shower and get ready for the rehearsal. Ali and Negar had a traditional Persian ceremony with a bit of secular flair (ie: groomsmen, bridesmaids, flowergirls). Poor Negar didn't have a coordinator and was trying to direct everyone in two languages (English and Farse) -- it was very chaotic and took forever, but in the end everyone figured out what to do and on the day of it went much smoother! Me and Joanna (the bride from my previous post) were about to jump up and help direct because she looked so flustered! Too bad we don't speak Farse.
The rehearsal dinner was at Headliner's Club which is on the top floor of the Chase building and has the prettiest views of downtown Austin. We all relaxed and had a good time visiting and watching their slideshow. Slideshows are my favorite part of rehearsals - I LOVE the baby pictures!

At the rehearsal



Rehearsal dinner set up. It was soo pretty!
The new wives club! Me, Negar, Joanna!

My camera died at the wedding so I didn't get many good pictures, but hopefully Joanna will email me hers soon and I can get those up asap! It was a gorgeous wedding and we were sooo happy to help them celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!