First the kids each planted sunflower seeds in little cups that they got to take home with them. Then we walked around the garden area looking at different types of plants, flowers, trees, and seeds. We also went to the butterfly garden and the kids got to see nearly every stage of the butterfly life cycle which we studied a lot earlier this year...they loved it!

After lunch we went to the butterfly house which is a huge glass building that is temperature controlled and houses hundreds of butterflies. It was incredibly hot and humid but so beautiful!



I'm working on a slideshow of the 123 pictures I took plus some other people's pictures as a gift to all the second graders. This was their first field trip ever and I really want them to remember it!
That looks like fun and making a slideshow is such a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Texas had such beautiful green places! Looks like a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete