Saturday night my best friend from high school and her boyfriend came to spend the night! Katrina and I met in french class freshman year and have been friends ever since - she's really the only high school person I keep in constant contact with, and even though we don't get to see each other that often, we always pick up right where we left off!
Here we are in our PJ's getting ready for board games - a must when we get together!

And just as a frame of reference - here's us at my wedding looking much more refined :)
Anyways, we (along with the Will and Aaron who I didn't get any pictures of) ended up staying up until 2am playing Scene It? Squabble and Apples to Apples. We get very competitive, ha! (Two bottles of wine and SNL definitely helps keep the energy up as well!)
Katrina and Aaron, Will and I had so much fun and we can't wait for y'all to come back soon!
This morning we said goodbye to our guests and headed to church and then lunch with Will's family. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but we have lunch with Will's parents every Sunday. Will's grandmother used to cook Sunday lunch every week, and after she passed away Will's mom took over. I like the tradition and she is a really good cook!
This afternoon I layed out in the backyard (our community pool isn't open yet) and read while Will watched the Masters. We topped off the afternoon with a sweet snack - Dr. Pepper floats!
The Dr. Pepper factory is located in Waco, TX which is where Will and I went to college - Baylor University. Dr. Pepper floats are big at Baylor; they have "Dr. Pepper hour" and they serve free floats in the student union building - I definitely had my fair share of floats during my time there! I think Dr. Pepper is a southern thing which I never realized except for when my family would go on vacation when I was little and my brother could never get one at restaurants. So is Blue Bell ice cream - AKA the BEST ice cream ever!
I'm currently watching Will install a shelf under his TV in the office to hold the cable box...it's been pretty entertaining. That's all I'm going to say about that. I am excited to be able to watch TV while I blog though!
LIKE.
ReplyDelete