On Friday the 2nd (Will's b-day) we packed up and headed to Houston for the fourth. It took us over an hour longer than normal because of the rain which we were sure was going to ruin our weekend, but thankfully it did not! Once we got down there we had Will's third and final birthday celebration, ha. I had Jon and Joanna order Will a red velvet cake, and I ordered some fun golf themed decorations! His entire birthday this year was golf themed - he was in heaven!

These pictures are from Will's first birthday celebration two Saturdays ago. I never got around to posting them because that weekend was so packed! My mom ordered this cute (and delicious) bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. White chocolate with cream cheese frosting...I can't really put into words how amazing this cake was. I've already requested one for my birthday in a few weeks. My parents also got him a new golf bag.

Fast forward to last Thursday when we had birthday #2 at Will's parents' house. His mom made an amazing chocolate cake and of course, more golf gifts! They got him a new driver and 3 wood, and I got him new golf shoes, extensions for his other clubs, and new grips. Considering I didn't know what grips were, didn't know you could get club extensions, and have no clue which golf shoes are good golf shoes, I didn't actually have to think too hard this year. Will pretty much picked out everything but that's okay. Makes my life easy :)

So back to Friday night.
This was Will's third and final cake, I thought it turned out so cute!
Saturday we went to a local brewery.
Those are the big beer keg things behind us, you could walk around and see how they're made and whatnot. The boys enjoyed it. Jo and I mostly sat and talked which we enjoyed too!
The boys being boys in the pool Friday night.
The 4th of July.
This is where we stayed all day. The boys got out occasionally to tend to the meat, but we pretty much did not leave this general area. I am paying for it now.
I swear I put sunscreen on, but I fell asleep for a while and woke up pretty crispy. Will calls me Red Lobster which would be funny if I weren't in so much pain, ha! That was two days ago, so I'm looking better and haven't peeled yet! Moisturizer is my friend!
Jon and Joanna. Jo got red too, but not as bad as me. We were moving slow the next day!
I love Will's final cake! The golf cart is so cute.
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!!! I live in Houston (well in the suburb outskirts) =] Hope your burn is feeling better! I got me a nice one of those last weekend too!
ReplyDeleteThat Bundt cake looks so great!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is also an avid golf player and I did a golf theme party for his college graduation last year. I love that bundt cake, so cute! Looks like yall had a great time!
ReplyDeleteall of those cakes are making me hungry this morning :) and i'm in the same boat as you, red as a lobster. and i wore sunscreen too! Glad Will had a good birthday!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a really fun 4th/birthday weekend! Sorry about the sunburn...slather on the aloe! It WILL pass :-) My hubby loves golf too. It's fun when they have hobbies you can indulge in for their birthdays, isn't it? Hope you're having a great Thursday so far! Oh, and back to the home tour, I've got some general bathroom tips posted on my blog today if you're interested...Caio!
ReplyDelete