Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My mom and I were in Louisiana most of last week. We left the day after I got back from Houston. LOTS of driving. It feels really good to be home.

I had some posts scheduled, but I have been pretty absent. Sorry bout that!

We spent most of the week at the hospital visiting a family member who is there and catching up with lots of relatives we don't get to see too often.

When we needed to get away for a few hours we did what we do best - shopped! There were some great antique stores near us and...what happened to be in the next town over? Just an item to cross off my Summer 2010 list - Paul Michael's!

I found these from an antique store

Isn't this cheese dome so cute? It looks very similar to this one from C&B, only mine was $3! I probably won't use it for cheese, but I'll find something fun to go inside.

I couldn't resist this guy. It's a cornbread baking mold thing that makes the cornbread into little mini corn on the cobs! Cornbread will definitely be on the menu sometime this week!

And I found this frame at a cute little store called The Beehive. It has shoes, jewelry, and home decor. I may or may not have also walked away with two new pairs of shoes...


It still has the picture it came with inside, but I'm thinking about putting our monogram in it instead of a picture.

And Paul Michael's. It's a gigantic home decor warehouse. And everything was 25% off. Score!

I thought this plate would be cute to display. If I ever get around to making a plate wall this will be on it.

I looooove cake stands. I may be accidentally starting a collection of them, but I may have secretly done it on purpose :)

These guys were an impulse buy - super cute and super cheap. I'm thinking of hanging them in the kitchen to use as recipe holders.

Cake stand #2.
I thought I would paint the stand white because pink isn't really in my home's color palette, but....

it looks sooo cute with a pink cupcake on top!
Perfect for a little girls birthday party someday!

8 comments:

  1. We did good! But I think we still need to go to Canton for more shops even though we can't make it on a First Monday weekend. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful finds! We found one of those cornbread molds at an antique shop and I just had to have it...my grandma always used one and it reminds me of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your great finds! You got lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white cake stand, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all of it, especially the cheese dome. super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the cornbread mold! I haven't seen anything like that before! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!