Monday, November 14, 2011

Miscellany Monday!

Linking up with Carissa!

All of my posts have been pretty miscellaneous lately, so why don't we just add one more?

We trekked out to an open field early Saturday morning with a baby and a tripod. I was determined to get our Christmas photos done, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out! Here's a taste...



It has been unseasonably warm here - like 80 degrees and annoying - so I put Liam in a summery romper this weekend. But then I threw a hoodie on him last minute because it's November, dang it!


We took Liam to the doctor Saturday morning because he has a cough and I'm an overprotective mother apparently. He's all fine and healthy and a whopping 17 pounds, 14 ounces! He has gained two pounds in less than two months. That's a lot for my string bean!

Turns out that cough wasn't an illness at all, but the beginnings of a TOOTH! Yes, at nearly 8 months old, my little man is finally getting his first tooth! You can't see it yet, but I felt it for the first time today and it.is.sharp. Should make nursing fun...not.



My dad came by this weekend and introduced Liam to his first Harley. He was really interested in all the parts, and of course he found the mirror. He loves to look at himself in the mirror!


Here's a sneak peak at one of Liam's Christmas outfits! I may have squealed a little when I pulled the package out of the mailbox this afternoon!


I just bought these invitations for a bridal shower I'm throwing next month. I'm a sucker for giant glittery bling. Aren't they pretty? And from Target!


Thank you Costco for putting my Christmas present on sale! Merry Christmas to me :)

------

On a completely different note, I'm hosting my very FIRST GIVEAWAY tomorrow!!!

Courtesy of Easy Canvas Prints, so get excited y'all!!



11 comments:

  1. I want photoshop too...but it scares me! And speaking of giveaways a few companies contacted me about a giveaway for plus size clothing?!?! I find that a bit strange since I have never been in the market for plus size (unless you count maternity...hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the giveaway! Love the Christmas photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog Lyndsey... all of Liam's photos make me smile. He is so adorable! I am feeling guilty that I haven't thought of one thing for Donovan to wear for Christmas... but I did purchase Christmas jammies. Little boys in their jams are just the cutest thing. I am also super impressed that you took your own Christmas card pictures with a tripod no less. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You peak at your Christmas card pictures is beautiful, I can't wait to see more! And Liam is so handsome...I mean, really he just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the teething!
    Can't wait to see your Christmas pics! We're going to take ours where we took maternity pics. I'm waiting for a day where we won't be sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture of Liam in the hoodie is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my goodness THANK YOU for posting that photoshop deal from Costco, I will definitely be purchasing it :)

    Cute family photo and Liam is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Random question... but what kind of camera and lens do you use to take the pictures of Liam?

    Also, do you know how that photoshop compares to Lightroom? I know Lightroom is way pricier... but I also dont know if its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see more family pictures! I can already tell I love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyndsey, you don't know me, but I am Amanda Bradley's sister in-law and I have been reading your blog for a while. I LOVE the little Christmas pjs. Would you mind emailing me to let me know where you got them? I'd love to get some for our little baby! My email address is kate_bradley@live.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!