Will and I normally pick out one or two new Christmas ornaments that have the year or some kind of special meaning for each Christmas. Well in the spirit of Liam's first Christmas, we got four! Would you expect anything less??
The first ornament we picked out was just a pretty 2011 ornament. It doesn't hold any special meaning, but it was hand painted (from Pier 1) and has the year. Isn't it pretty?
The second ornament was one that we literally found December 23rd. I obviously wanted a Baby's First Christmas ornament, but could not for the life of me find a round one. I bought this silver spoon one from Target that was cute, but not quite what I was looking for. A friend of mine said she found hers for her son at Macy's so we popped in while we were at the mall assuming they would be all out. There was ONE round baby boy ornament left...and a woman with her baby boy (the exact same age as Liam) was holding it! Gah! I asked a sales lady if there were anymore and of course there weren't. As we turned and started to walk off, the woman with the ornament in her hand called out to me and said I could have it! She actually had two different ones in her hand (the other wasn't round) and she said she decided on the other one! I could have kissed her! (Don't worry, I didn't.) Wasn't that so sweet though?
It's very simple, but I just wanted something that said Baby's First Christmas.
My mom got us our third ornament and I LOVE it! She ordered it online after looking forever, and when it arrived one of the little wheels was cracked. (You can barely even tell when it's hung on the tree.) She called the company and they sent her another one, so she kept the cracked one for her tree and gave us the new one. Thanks, mom!
It's a red wagon to document Liam's big gift for this year! Wouldn't that be neat if we could find an ornament for his big gift every year? At least while he's small. They probably don't make money or gift card ornaments for when he's a teenager, ha! I'll either keep this tradition or let him pick out his own ornament for each year that represents what he's into (sports, dinosaurs, legos, etc.).
And finally, I Facebook stalked my friend Ashleigh and got the name of the woman who made her family's adorable Christmas ornament. It was a little snow family with the year and all their names, and I just had to have one!
She did a great job, and I think it is just the cutest thing! I love that Liam is a little snow baby :)

Can you share the name of the lady who makes the ornaments?! That's an awesome gift idea :)
ReplyDeleteThose are great ornaments. I love the snowmen one, very cute
ReplyDeleteLove the handmade ornament! Who made that? Look's like y'all had amazing first Christmas with your sweet little guy!
ReplyDeleteCUTE!!! I love those ornaments!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I am your new follower! happy new year!
www.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com
I love the wagon! And the snowman one reminds me of a homemade idea I've seen. If you use your little one's handprint with white paint, you can make each finger into a snowman.
ReplyDeleteWe've been buying an ornament for our son each year for Christmas, and now that our daughter it here we've bought one for her too. It's such a great tradition!
So glad you were able to get a round 2011 Baby's First Christmas one! Love them all!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete