1. I need a weekend to recover from the weekend. I know it's already Tuesday, but I'm still tired. Liam got sick on Thursday, was even more sick on Friday, then Liam was better but I got sick and was out of commission for a few hours on Saturday. Thankfully my mom and I somehow managed to get all the decorations prepped and food cooked for a fabulous bridal shower on Sunday. Phew. (shower pics to come!)
2. You know it's five days until Christmas when you can't find a parking spot at Target. On a Tuesday.
3. Liam is wearing only Christmas attire everyday this week. Why? Because it's festive. And he just happens to have that many Christmas outfits. Overkill? I think no.
Monday.
Tuesday.
4. I want this nail polish for Christmas. I actually want it before Christmas so I can wear it on Christmas.
"Forever Yummy" by Essie.
5. Neither Liam's nor Will's stocking stuffers actually fit in their stockings. Don't you hate that??
6. We I haven't been doing so great with our advent calendar activities lately. The first two weeks or so were going great, and now I haven't even checked it in like 3 days. There are a few things I want to MAKE SURE we get around to though. One of them is walking around (Liam strolling around) the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights. The day I pulled that activity out it was raining. Then Liam got sick. Then it rained again. Boo. Maybe tonight? <--- didn't happen. : /
7. I want to make Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. Has anyone ever made them? Are they as delicious as they look? (Please say yes!) The recipe makes about a thousand so is the dough freezable?
8. I finally cooked dinner tonight! It's been awhile...
Healthy baked chicken nuggets, steamed broccoli, and homemade mac-n-cheese. Oh my yum!
9. Life Sweet Life shared a link to another blogger today who created some super fun (and free!) homescreens for your phone. I'm loving mine!
10. I got to work on my bokeh skillz tonight thanks to my little helper! I can set my aperture low enough to get the background good and blurry...but then my subject is too grainy. Is it just my camera or how can I fix that - anyone??
Grainy or not, he's still pretty darn cute in my opinion.




LOVE PW's cinnamon rolls- It is tradition for us to make them for Christmas morning too. It does make a ton and it says in her cookbook that they can be frozen before they have been cooked- put them in your freezable container before they rise. We usually freeze half and then just eat off of the other half for like a week! Don't forget the coffee in the icing- it really makes it!
ReplyDeleteHEALTHY baked chicken nuggets! I've got to try those out along with the cinnamon rolls too! I love Liam's little legwarmers... too cute!
ReplyDeleteThe PW cinnamon rolls are really good and do make a TON! When I made them I also had a TON of icing and way too much butter in the filling. Not sure where I went wrong but hopefully yours turn out better. And warning, it can get pretty messy, but definitely worth it!
ReplyDeleteLove Liam's hair! I'm excited I actually knew what you were talking about on number 10, but I just got my DSLR for my b-day so I'm no help! I've found some good tips and websites on Pinterest though.
my camera skills are not getting much better! Most online tutorial are for canons and I have a nikon...blah!
ReplyDeleteI think Liam just keeps getting cuter, it is ridiculious really! :) Love all his Christmas outfits, too!
ReplyDeleteLove the Christmas outfits. Are you obsessed with baby legs/baby leg warmers like I am? I think I love them because they are such a cute and fun accessory for BOYS. We miss out on all the fun headbands/bows/tutus...so baby legs, cute shoes, and hats are my obsession! ;)
ReplyDeleteLiam is such a cute little boy! & I have heard that the cinnamon rolls are amazing!! I might have to try them as well. Have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou can also get bokah by using your zoom lens. If you are able, just stand back further and zoom in on Liam.
ReplyDeleteThe Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls are heavenly!! However, the recipe makes a ton. Last year I cooked the whole batch and then froze them...then microwaved them when ready to eat and it was delicious! good luck!
ReplyDeleteI tried making the PW cinnamon rolls,and it was a disaster! Then again I am not a skilled baker. I made a huge mess and they turned out dry! I know I messed up the recipe though, because the pictures from her blog look nothing like how mine turned out! Someday I will conquer them! Wish you luck and happy baking! :)
ReplyDeleteI love all of Liam's little Christmas outfits so far. I don't think you could over go overboard on cute Christmas clothes. :) I have yet to master bokeh but I am getting a new lens for Christmas so I'm hoping it will do the trick. I think your pictures look really good and Liam doesn't look grainy to me. I'm going to check out the PW cinnamon roll recipe now. I want to find a recipe tradition for Christmas morning and cinnamon rolls would be perfect!
ReplyDeleteyum pw cinnamon rolls! i have been wanting to try them too! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think Liam looks grainy but I don't know anything about photography haha!
I am trying to make sure Callyn gets lots of wear out of her Christmas outfits too....it's so fun!
I love your blog and all the outfits you have for Liam!! PW's cinnamon rolls are GREAT...not what I expected but still very good and messy. I have made them a couple times now and I have the best luck with freezing them after they are baked and frosted.
ReplyDeleteI haven't ever had PW's cinnamon rolls but I want to make them Christmas morning as a new tradition! I have heard they are amazing from everyone that has made them. I love all of Liam's Christmas outfits!
ReplyDeleteNot to sound redundant but...I've been wanting to make PW cinnamon rolls too!! I'm dairy free right now but the Hubs can enjoy them and I'm sure they'll smell great baking! And since they make SO MANY I'll just freeze a bunch and bring them out sometime when I can have dairy again! My mom actually called me today and said, "Have you ever heard of a lady called the Pioneer Woman?" I just cracked up and said of course! ;-) My mom has just discovered her and is actually making her cinnamon rolls!
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously, super cute outfits! Love! EC is wearing Christmas attire all week too!