Thursday, February 9, 2012

Remember that time Liam ate dog food???

I can't believe I forgot to document this moment! Shame on me.

One of our dogs, Toula, is very high maintenance and is scared of the bottom of her food bowl, so we pour her food out on the floor next to her food bowl. I know, we are such nice parents, and she is a spazz.

So Monday night the three of us are hanging out in the kitchen which also happens to be where Toula eats. Will is preparing chicken for dinner, and I am "assisting." Also known as standing next to him watching Gossip Girl. (And neither of us happen to be paying close attention to where Liam is.) All of a sudden Will notices Liam hanging out next to Toula, goes to grab him off the floor, and comes walking back to me with a baby who is smiling ear to ear and drooling.

We weren't positive he got anything, but I shove my finger in his mouth and sure enough I fish out a piece of Toula's dog food! My kid just ate DOG FOOD! I am grossed out, Will is laughing hysterically, and Liam is MAD that I took it from him! I take him to the sink to rinse his mouth out and then set him back on the floor. He immediately starts heading right back for her food, so I scoop him up again and just hold him until Toula is finished. G-R-O-S-S!!!

So that's my story. It could have been worse I suppose. Liam could have actually swallowed it. Or it could have been dog poo instead of dog food. (My dogs don't poo in the house, but you know what I mean.) Now I have started timing Liam's dinner time with the dogs so he is up in his highchair while Toula eats. Gone are the days of my chill baby who never gets into trouble I guess :)


My baby sure does love his dogs...almost as much as their food.

9 comments:

  1. This is all too familiar. Pretty sure D has eaten Molly's food a half dozen times already. Oops. They're just so darn quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! That last picture is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny!! And the pic is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Love the pic of Liam and the pups! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny and something you will remember forever!! Love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We caught Daniel eating our dogs food when he came to stay one time! We didn't mention it to his parents ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is toooo funny! Even though it's a little gross, at least he wasn't eating something bad for him! haha have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet!! I just love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our dog is high maintenance too and also scared of the bottom of his food bowl. Glad to know we aren't the only ones! My baby girl is only 5.5 months old now but I am sure she'll be into the dog food before we know it.

    Ashandtomgrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!