Last week it was so nice outside that I thought we would do some finger painting. I looked up an edible finger paint recipe that called for sugar, water, corn starch, and food coloring. We didn't have any corn starch...but we had some corn meal. They both have corn in the name, so I figured they had to be similar and gave it a whirl. Can you tell I don't spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen? :)
Well the consistency definitely wasn't like normal finger paint, but it worked so whatever!
I wanted to create the word PLAY or LIAM to frame in his playroom, but I wasn't sure which word I was going to go with so we started with the L. I poured a little "paint" onto some cardstock and got him used to it.
He started painting the paper...
...then moved to his body...
...then decided to give it a little taste.
He decided he liked it...
...then decided he loved it!
Then he made a few final touches with his feet...
...and was off!
Here's the final product!
I used painters tape so the L would peel off easily, but it still didn't come off very crisp. I don't think we'll actually use it since it's all bubbled up and crusty, but I had to document Liam's first piece of art! (And how ridiculous I am for thinking corn starch and corn meal were the same. I have since bought corn starch in case we try again!)
P.S. I got my camera back so Liam's 11 month post now has pictures :)









Looks like he had fun and you got some cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteFUN!!! Can't wait to do that when our weather gets warmer!
ReplyDeleteI spend quite a bit of time cooking, and I don't know the difference-I never use either of those in cooking! :)
Hi Lyndsey. I'm a good friend of Meghan's and have been reading your blog for several months! Sorry I've never posted before this. Just wanted you to know I love your blog and Liam is just the cutest little man. And..... I would've done the same thing with the corn starch/meal! I bet your version was much tastier!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!! May have to try out the recipe too! :))
ReplyDeletelove this idea.. I might just pin it to remember it when Kaden's older :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so fun! I have corn starch so maybe I'll try it with Karyln :) He's adorable!!!
ReplyDelete