March first marks the beginning of Liam's birthday month, but more importantly, it is my mom's birthday! My mom has always had the month of March to herself, but I'm pretty sure she is more than happy to share it with Liam from now on.
To celebrate, Liam and I spent the day with her and we shopped all day long! First we hit up Old Navy and bought way too much (their spring stuff is CUTE!). We actually bought a lot of the same stuff because we are dorks like that.
We went to IKEA after because I needed to get some stuff for Liam's playroom. So you know those IKEA spice racks used as bookshelves that are floating all over Pinterest? Well don't go looking for them because you won't find them! The lady at IKEA told me they don't carry them anymore, anywhere! Boo. I found some other shelves that ended up working perfectly, but they cost a little more.
Liam had the best time playing in the children's section!
After IKEA we went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory.
Liam and the birthday girl!
SOMEONE thought it would be funny to grab his bread plate and throw it on the ground, smashing it to pieces! Luckily our server had a four year old and totally understood, but I was so embarrassed!
-------------
My mom has been complaining this year about how she's "old" now and hasn't done everything she wants to yet/thought she would have by now. Don't we all feel that way at every age?! So for her birthday I made her a bucket list! But I had to make it pretty of course :)
DIY Bucket List
I bought a frame, some cork board, and pretty fabric. I removed the glass, covered the cork board in the fabric, and hot glued it to the frame. (I cut the cork board to fit the frame, but hot glued the edges so it wouldn't pop through.) The cork board was too thick to attach the back correctly, so I hot glued it on as well just to give the cork a sturdy back and then attached a sawtooth wall hanger. Then I just added the pins, tags, and fabric flowers!
The fabric rosettes were really easy to make - I read over this tutorial before I started.
The tags are free from here, I just removed the wording. And the push pins are from Wal-Mart.
Now she just needs to fill it out!
Happy Birthday MOM!








what a cute idea! your rosettes are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love the bucket list board you made for your mom. That is a perfect birthday gift. And Cheesecake Factory sounds so yummy right now!!
ReplyDeletesuper cute board!
ReplyDeletewe recently went to ikea as well and i can't believe all the cute kid stuff they had! my nephew got the circus tent and emma loved playing in it.
i'm dreading the first big embarrassing restaurant experience, but i know it's bound to happen.
You are so creative! Glad your Mom had a great bday!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome present! Liam looks like such a big kid in the Ikea pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute and thoughtful gift idea for your mom! The flowers are pretty!
ReplyDeletewell how precious is that?! SO creative! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool gift. I bet she loved it. I'm in awe of your craftiness Lyndsey!
ReplyDeleteLove all of this! Cheesecake Factory is always a great brithday spot. :) Looks like y'all have been having fun!
ReplyDeleteThe bucket list board is awesome!!! It's been a while since I've been to your blog so I haven't seen pictures of Liam in a while. He's getting so big! And he'll be a year soon?? Wow, where does the time go!!!
ReplyDelete