We kicked off the month with some candy corn fun! Liesl showed off the adorable outfit our neighbors brought her while Liam was busy climbing up on the counter and stealing fistfuls of candy corn every time I turned my back.
My sweet friend Tracey threw Liesl and I a sip-n-see for all our mom-group friends to meet her! The theme was "come meet the newest pumpkin in the patch" so she decorated with girly pumpkins and an apple cider bar! It was so fun getting to catch up with everyone since I hadn't seen them in a few weeks and of course introduce them to Liesl! AND I'm so excited to be throwing a sip-n-see for Tracey in the next month or so when her little Rhys makes his debut!
Liam had picture day at Weekday School two weeks ago, so I had to snap some pictures before we left for school that morning!
(His hair wasn't slicked down for pictures I swear, it's just wet with water to try and tame the bed head!)
I've been taking full advantage of online shopping now with two little ones at home, and Liam is definitely benefitting from all the boxes. He loves to check the mail and the front porch now for new packages! Liam sat in this box and said "airplane" so I asked Will to cut the sides into wings for Liam. I meant for him to just cut them into triangles or something easy, but before I knew it Will was dismantling the box and creating a serious airplane. Liam had a blast "flying" through the living room!
We headed to one of our local fire stations the other weekend for an Open House. They had firetrucks to climb in, bounce houses and games, face-painting, tattoos, and food. It was HOT but it was fun!
Liam had a blast in the firetruck. Things like this remind me how big he's getting - the last time we went to something with a firetruck he wouldn't get in by himself and this time he just hopped right up!
When I tell Liam to show me "handsome" he puts his hands on his hips and strikes a GQ pose. Love this clown!
We went to a Monster Mash playdate last week! Liam wore his awesome furry monster shirt and Liesl wore, what else, a tutu!
Liesl and her future bf, Mason :)
Liam got his first book order last week, and it made my day! Book orders were one of my favorite things about being a teacher :) Funny story - my MIL's school was holding their book fair the same week, and the day Liam brought his book order home I had just been up at her school getting him some books! I'm saving some for Christmas though, and I wanted to support Liam's school as well so we just had to get some more! :) Here he is very seriously picking out a truck book he wanted!
Last Saturday we spent the day at our alma mater for homecoming! More pictures in a separate post to come!
Liam has been asking to hold Liesl a lot lately. He doesn't quite have the strength so I have to prop up pillows around him to keep her upright, but how proud does he look here? She's looks a little nervous, ha!
We are kicking off Halloween this weekend by visiting a pumpkin patch and trick-or-treating at the shops in our town square. I'm really looking forward to it because this will be the first holiday where Liam really gets it, and I'm REALLY looking forward to Christmas for that same reason! Bring on the holidays!
P.S. I wanted to say a big thank you to Joella for your comment on my last post! (I tried to email you, but I couldn't find your address.) She commented on Liesl's white tongue and that it might be thrush. I knew nothing about thrush but did know that Liesl had been kind of fussy the last few days, especially while nursing. I made an appointment right away to check things out. Luckily Liesl doesn't have thrush, but I was glad to talk to my pedi about Liesl's behavior anyways because we think she might be having some gas pains/issues and I'm going to experiment with my diet and see if it helps. So even though it ended up not being that, I am grateful she suggested it because it is always good to be aware!
P.S. I wanted to say a big thank you to Joella for your comment on my last post! (I tried to email you, but I couldn't find your address.) She commented on Liesl's white tongue and that it might be thrush. I knew nothing about thrush but did know that Liesl had been kind of fussy the last few days, especially while nursing. I made an appointment right away to check things out. Luckily Liesl doesn't have thrush, but I was glad to talk to my pedi about Liesl's behavior anyways because we think she might be having some gas pains/issues and I'm going to experiment with my diet and see if it helps. So even though it ended up not being that, I am grateful she suggested it because it is always good to be aware!













I love the idea of a sip and see party - how cute! And Leisl looks darling in her little candy corn romper. :-)
ReplyDeleteLook at him posing!!
ReplyDeleteLiesl's little candy corn outfit is absolutely adorable! Liam is too cute in his pictures too! Looks like you guys have been having a wonderful time (: How sweet of your friend to throw you a sip-n-see party!! I've never heard of one of those before.
ReplyDeleteNice post..!!!
ReplyDeleteand it was very interesting for me to add to my inspiration to write a story
maybe you can visit my blog to give me advice :D
quotes-love-story.blogspot.com
That outfit, amazing! I love seeing the love between L&L. So sweet and pure.
ReplyDeleteWe hit up our fire station Open House last weekend too! Let's just say Ell was NOT as enthused as I expected. SCARED is a better word.
Loving all of the pics.