Well it's been a birthday whirlwind over here, but we have been up to a few other things as well!
Last week was back to life as usual - preschool, doctor's appointments, playdates, grocery shopping, etc.
One morning we spent 3.5 hours waiting for my car to get serviced. Thank goodness for the playroom at the car dealership, but even that didn't keep the crazy completely at bay.
The kids and I got our flu vaccines, and it was only slightly dramatic. Liam got the nose spray and hid under the table until the nurse bribed him with a sticker and a sucker to come out. And then he did it and was like, oh, that's it? Hopefully he remembers that next year!
We went to a playdate at our local trampoline place. We just discovered it last month and have been 4 times! Wednesdays and Fridays they have a special preschool time which has been great. Needless to say we've been meeting our friends up there A LOT!
Liesl was scaling the walls of the trampolines and Liam was a constant blur!
Saturday we rode the Tarantula train with my family to the Ft. Worth Stockyards. I'll post more about that later -- it was a lot of fun!
Sunday we spent the entire day rearranging the playroom. I had the (possibly not so) bright idea to move our playset inside. Will power-washed it while I purged and reorganized the toys. I was so proud of Liam - he happily filled an entire trash bag full of toys he no longer plays with and rode with Will up to our local donation center to drop it off!
So back to the playset being indoors. Both kids are LOVING it so far, and Liesl proved her love by immediately scaling the ladder and the slide like a pro. She's definitely going to be my dare-devil!
Sunday evening we took a break and hit up the bowling alley with some friends! It was a fun end to a productive day. Until the fun ended and the tantrums began, ha. Being three is hard...NOT. Parenting a three is hard. :)
A couple other things -- I now have 2 completed Project 365's from both my kiddo's first years. Now what to do with them?
And while Liam is in preschool twice a week, I created a little area for us to have Mommy School during the week. I found the huge cork board and school desk in the back storage room. Soon that board is going to be covered in all things fall! I'm thinking homemade apple tree and leaf creations by Liam, and maybe some favorite fall quotes for me. And probably two little handprint turkeys made by my little turkeys.
And just for fun, some more pictures of my babies lately...
ALERT THE MEDIA: I figured out a tiny bit of technology and can now reply directly to your comments! If you leave a question, make sure to check back as I always try to answer!
HAPPY MONDAY! ! ! !
A trampoline playdate? That is amazing! I want one.
ReplyDeleteYes! It is such a fun place! You should check your area; they're popping up everywhere. Ours is called Urban Air.
DeleteLove the playroom! I think it's a great idea to move the playset inside - especially when it's cooler! And I agree - parenting three is hard. I'm in this with you my friend!
ReplyDeleteY'all will have to come test it out!
DeleteCheck out Chat Books (app) for your #365 pix. Leach book is $6 and holds 60 pix. (Jenni K's sister;))
ReplyDeleteGood idea! Thank you!
DeleteWe had our playset inside for a while. It worked out great! It looks like you're keeping busy and having fun! Last week, we spent 2 hours at the dealership. It was supposed to be 3, but they got done faster than expected...thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteI have such a hard time getting rid of old toys. I'll occasionally box them up, but then put them in the attic. I guess it might be because I wish my parent's would've kept my old Rainbow Bright or wooden doll house that I had when I was little... I'm a dork.
ReplyDeleteAnd that playroom at the dealership looked awesome!