It's no secret that I'm a children's book hoarder. Being a former elementary teacher and bookworm myself, they just call to me. I would literally get giddy when I would see the Scholastic flyer in my mailbox at work and spend my whole conference circling books I thought my students would like. Since I'm not a teacher anymore and can't do that on my own - my mother-in-law has helped fill the Scholastic void in my life. For the last two years she has invited us up to her school's book fair! I'll usually walk away with a handful of books myself and then somehow mysteriously another pile appears for the kids from her.
We went up to her school yesterday and walked away with some really cute finds!
Once you see what our Halloween costumes are for this year, this book will make sense. We just had to have our own copy of this classic - but this version has a modern twist!
When I first spotted this book, it reminded me of the Richard Scarry books and I HAD to have it. We have a couple of Will's old RS books and the pages are so stuffed with characters and color and movement that it feels like you spot something new each time you open it. Liam will pour over the pages and ask a million questions about who's doing what! I'm thinking this one will have the same effect.
Liam picked this one out at the book fair. We have a few Splat the Cat holiday books, and they are always a big hit!
Ok, I had to add this one to my holiday collection simply because I love the Pioneer Woman! Will already makes her cinnamon rolls for us to eat on Christmas morning, so I figured she was already apart of our Christmas tradition that it just made sense. I'm going to put it away and probably wrap it with our Christmas advent books, but I had to read it first and it's adorable as suspected!
See you again in the spring, book fair!




I have to get that Christmas book! We too make her cinnamon rolls for Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI was at the bookstore yesterday and picked up Sparkly Green Earrings. I can't wait to start reading it during the trip over this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am obsessed with children's books, as well. And when Rosemary comes home from Preschool with the Scholastic book order, I get so excited! Actually, she brought one home yesterday and I literally had to stop myself from opening it up to read it at a red light on our drive home. I was a little too excited to see what they had in there! :)
ReplyDeleteYes to all things Pioneer Woman! And All Through My Town looks like a cute book - can't wait to see the Halloween costumes this year - and by "our" Halloween costumes, does that mean all family members are dressing up???
ReplyDeleteI am a preschool teacher who loves loved loves kids picture books as well...... Every month I hand out the scholastic book order to the teachers to put in their students back packs to go home. I love when the order forms come back or seeing in my inbox that a parent went on line to order books for her tot or preschooler.....
ReplyDeletegreat finds! we're going to the book fair this week and can't wait! love the smell of a new book or 10!
ReplyDeleteMy inner (ok, outer) book nerd just rejoiced. I told my sister I was coming to her school when she had the book fair. I'm already stocking Aiden's bookshelf. I ordered the new Peter Rabbit books written by Emma Thompson. They are so beautiful!
ReplyDelete