That's right, I am spending my first night alone since becomming a wife. Will and I decided on a whim around 6pm tonight that he would to go Waco for the night. His cousin is the new rush chair for TKE - Will's fraternity - and he did a great job bringing in the largest pledge class the Baylor chapter has ever had so tons of the alumni were going down to participate in all the bid night rituals. So he went. And I stayed. No girls allowed.
I do enjoy a girls night every now and then though and so far I'd say it's been a success! I got drinks with some girls during happy hour earlier (technically Will was still around for that but it was all girls besides him so whatevever). Then we went to dinner with Will's parents and some friends to a seafood restaurent. Unhealthy food - check. Nat accompanied me to Target after for some girl talk and shopping and I bought a chick flick - check! Now I am relaxing at home in my pj's having just caught the end of "One Fine Day" and am now watching "Sense and Sensibility." Two great classics :)
I'm only dreading the actual sleeping part. See, I truly am all alone tonight. Toula had to spend the night at the vet tonight because she became less of a woman today poor thing and they have to keep her over night for monitoring. I get to pick her up at 9am tomorrow and you better believe I will be there at 8:59! Anyways, I've never been very good at being home alone at night. I get very paranoid and usually end up leaving more than one light on and either A) sleeping in bed with the light on and the door open or B) sleeping on the couch with the TV on. I physically can't fall asleep shut up in a room not knowing what's going on around me when I'm alone. It's actually rather pathetic, but I've been this way since high school. In Waco if all my roomates happened to be out of town, I honest to God also kept a knife next to me. Tonight will probably be Will's gun. It's just how I am. I made Will promise me when we were engaged that he would not accept a job that requierd him to travel a lot. Thankfully, his job doesn't take him anywhere. Dodged a bullet there!
There may be a part II to this later if I'm still awake....which I probably will be...with all the lights on.
I miss my Willbur...
I can't sleep when I am alone either. That's why Jonathan and I got a dog. He coaches football so during football season he sometimes doesn't get home until 4 in the morning. I leave the lights on too and sleep with a mag light (cop flash light) to double as light and weapon! I feel your pain...
ReplyDeleteI can't sleep alone either!! I really enjoy reading your blog! Hope all is well!!
ReplyDelete