Friday, July 10, 2009

Etsy + Home + Redesign

I made my first Etsy purchase today and I'm very excited about it! Way back when I hinted that I might open my own Etsy shop but as it sometimes does - life got in the way - and it never happened. Eh, maybe someday. Anyways, I snagged this little guy from Coastline for our new coffee table...


(It will of course have an "L" on it)

Our new coffee table was actually a steal of its own. We have been eyeing this coffee table from World Market for a while and were just about to purchase it when I found it on Craigslist for half the price! Turns out the seller lives in our town and when Will contacted him, it was a guy he goes hunting with! He said he had a lot of offers, but since he knows Will, he said we could have it! Score! Don't you think that runner will look great on it? Me too!

Things are going well on the home front...we went by yesterday and we have wood flooring and carpet! Pretty much all that is left is installing the appliances and doing some paint touch ups. This Sunday my dad is doing an inspection on it - my dad owns a home inspection company so we get the "family discount", next Wednesday is the final walk through with our builder, and the next Wednesday we close! We probably wont formally move in until the weekend because Will has work, but I'm sure I will volunteer my mom to help me move some boxes early :) Here's some pics of the floor although the wood is completely covered...you get the idea...


beneath all that cardboard is a very pretty wood floor!

A couple shots of our bedroom with the new carpet! I would have preferred wood floors in here but that topic of conversation usually goes something like this...

Me: "Babe, I wish we had put wood floors in our bedroom."
Will: "Why? I don't like to wake up and put my feet down on cold, hard floor. I like carpet."
Me: "That's what a rug is for, silly!"
Will: "Then what's the point of putting down wood if you're going to cover it up with a rug?!"
Me: "Because it's pretty!"
Will: Rolls eyes and the conversation is over.
Guys just don't understand the importance of aesthetics!

Will and I have three other rooms besides our own in the house and we've been discussing what we're going to use them for. One is specifically designed for an office space - it has double doors and no closet - but we didn't really think we needed an office because we have a built in nook by the kitchen. We decided it would be a combo "man cave/craft room." Well, about the time we move in Will is going to start working a couple days a week from home (woohoo!) and he really is going to need his own office space now. So we've been rearranging and redesigning the layout of the rooms. Now the "man cave/craft room" is going to become a "man cave/Will's office." We already have one of the other two rooms as a fully furnished guest bedroom, and the other is a big blank nothing. I figured it would be a storage room until we bought another bedroom set, but now I have bigger ideas. Why should Will get his own room and not me?? Yet we really need a second guest bedroom in case we have multiple people over....so I have come up with the perfect solution! A fabulous room with my desk and craft area plus this daybed from West Elm (that I want SOOOO bad) for guests to sleep in. It can also double as a lounge area for me when I need "me" time. Yes, it is the perfect bedroom! The bed is pricey, but I did see one for uber-cheap on Craigslist the other day (I'm still kicking myself for not buying it) so I've been compulsively checking to see if another one surfaces. This way, neither of us have to compromise on paint color and wall decor. His can be as manly as he wants and mine can be equally girly! I figure this can only last until we have children so we might as well live it up now.

I think I got a little carried away on that description....sorry all....
Gotta run, Will's due home any minute (I love Fridays!)
xo , Lynds


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!