Friday, July 31, 2009

Show Us Your Life!

Today's "Show Us Your Life" over at Kelly's Korner is on the wedding ceremony, wedding party, and flowers! Lucky me, I had a gorgeous bridal party...and Will's guys weren't so bad either :)

Will and I both had 1 MOH/Best Man and 7 bridemaids/groomsmen. The girls wore green Ann Taylor dresses and whatever shoes they wanted. I got them pearl earrings and bracelets to wear and they did their own hair and makeup however they wanted - I wanted them to be comfy and feel pretty! My flower girl's sash was also from Ann Taylor so the colors would match :) The guys just wore simple black tuxes.



Our flower girl was my sweet little cousin, Jenny and our ringer bearer was my other cousin, Jack. Aren't they the cutest??! I chose Jenny because A) she's adorable and B) I was the flower girl in her mom's wedding. But I happen to have a million other little girls in my family all flower girl age that I love equally, so I also had 6 "flower princesses" and they wore cute little matching dresses and passed out programs before the ceremony.


Flowers - The bridesmaids carried bouquets of cymbidium orchids and the guys wore white orchids on their lapels. My bouquet was an all white mixture of roses, orchids....some other white flowers....I don't really know what else was in it but it was pretty!


The ceremony flowers were minimal - we had some green hydrangeas hanging from the chairs down the aisle and TONS of white rose petals surrounding the gazebo thing we got married under. We also had strands of crystals hanging from the back of the gazebo/pergola/whatever it was.




The Ceremony was very protestant - aka short and sweet! The minister was my old youth pastor who drove in from east Texas, that meant a lot to me. We had a string trio playing, no readers or singers, and we were in and out and married in 20 min! All my catholic friends were shocked! But it was very beautiful and we were surrounded by 250 friends and family and I wouldn't have changed a thing. 



Mr. & Mrs!
P.S. Click on any image to make it bigger.
P.P.S. I'll do my reception flowers next time. Too many pictures to post!

P.P.P.S. I'm posting this from our new house! We spent our first night here last night!


xo, Lynds

4 comments:

  1. YAY for posting at the new house! When I moved in we didn't have the internet for like a WEEK! It was rough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding looks beautiful! Love the flowers, your dress, and the green bridesmaids dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! 1st night at the new house. It feels amazing... I was thrilled to be there on our 1st night. I bet you are excited, overwhelmed with all the packing... and did i say excited. Congrats. Can't wait to see pictures soon. I am applying to region 11 soon.. can't wait for this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding was gorgeous, I love the colors you used and all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!