Friday, June 24, 2011

Dear 3 Month Growth Spurt,

I hate you.

Like really, really hate you.

My sweet, lovable baby boy has turned into a demon child since you showed up.

The latest he has slept this week is 6am...normally it's at least 6:30. And that was only once. This morning it was 3:30. Then again at 4:40. That hasn't happened since he was a newborn. No thank you.

I had a baby who used to eat every 3-4 hours like clockwork who has now been permanently camped out on my chest for the past 3 days. He wants to eat almost every hour. And if he falls asleep nursing and I try to set him down, boom, eyes open and screaming until I put him back on.

Naps? What naps? 30 minutes if I'm lucky.

Paci? What paci? He spits it out every.single.time.

This too shall pass right? Until the 4 month...6 month...and so on growth spurts show up. I'm sure I'll hate them all just as much as I hate you.

Liam? LOVE him to death. Can't wait for my happy, smiley baby to return.

Growth spurt? You SUCK!

Not-So-Sincerely,


*Update* Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! I actually wrote this yesterday when I just needed to vent, but today has been world's better! We are entering into hour three of naptime, woohoo! Grow, baby, grow! :)

10 comments:

  1. oh no! i hope you both get through it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I feel for you! Karlyn had one growth spurt like that, that was worse than the others. I just camped out on the couch, fed her, and rested! It didn't last long and I hope Liam's doesn't either :(

    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growth spurts are NO fun. I'm with ya. I think my little one might be going through one too. Hope you get your happy baby back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw hope it gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there girl! Hopefully Liam will be back to his old self soon and he'll just be a little chubbier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We somehow missed the 6 week growth spurt (although Henry did grow...he's huge)...so I figured I'm in for double at the 3 month mark. Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through a friend's blog while I was on bedrest and have enjoyed reading about your pregnancy and little one. One positive note about growth spurts...the crazy feedings are normally followed by days of LOTS of sleep. They actually do their growing while they sleep. Just keep that in mind...there is a happy end in sight! From my experience, I didn't notice the 4 and 6 month spurts with my boys. (still have the 6 month one to go with my youngest)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you friend. Glad today was a better day. D went from sleeping 11 hours at night to waking up atleast 2-3 times the last 2 weeks. Just when I get comfortable with the routine he mixes it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it!!! It won't be like this for long...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the update. SO glad the spurt is over! I'm thankful they usually only last 2-3 days! I have a 4 month old, so I hear ya!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!