Liam survived his first road trip and we had a really good weekend! We drove to Louisiana to visit my mom's side of the family and go to the Peach Festival.

We got in late Friday night and stayed at my Aunt and Uncle's house with my parents. Liam did really well in the car, and even though we didn't get in until nearly midnight he woke up and let everyone pass him around for awhile. His schedule was so off the whole weekend and he barely took any naps, but both nights he went back to sleeping through the night thank goodness! I'm so thankful to have such a flexible baby!
Saturday morning we went to the parade.
Family pic in front of the giant Magnolia tree in my Aunt and Uncles yard.

Doesn't he look thrilled, haha. He's not a fan of hats.

Liam got mardi gras beads! But he thought they belonged in his mouth, not around his neck.
Saturday afternoon we just hung out and visited, napped, and did a little shopping.
Saturday night we all went out to dinner and then back to the festival for homemade peach ice cream and music. Unfortunately the music was WAY too loud for Liam so the three of us left early.
Sunday morning we lounged around my Aunt Sue and Uncle Kenny's house for a bit and then headed home. It was a quick trip, but it was fun and Liam got to meet two Great Aunts, his Great Uncle and some cousins!

Liam did so well in the car. We drove about 4.5 hours each way and he slept about 90% of the time! I'm so glad to know he travels well because we are driving to Houston in two weeks!

He is so cute! Goodness, he might be a heartbreaker one day! I love ruding with my feet up in the car for long trips. Glad I am not the only one! :)
ReplyDeleteYou and your little family are PRECIOUS!!! :-) Glad he travels well...always a great thing!!!
ReplyDeleteglad you all had a great trip!! :) and that's a definite yay for having a flexible baby!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your adventures with Liam! He is adorable! I really enjoy his dark hair. Also love the picture of your feet in the car!
ReplyDeleteJust had to let you know I stumbled upon your blog during your pregnancy and continued to follow along. My husband and I are currently pregnant with our 1st little boy so I've LOVED watching Liam grow. What is so odd is that we just moved to Louisiana and the home town of the Peach Festival!!! Small world!!! We attended the peach fest this past weekend as well - I just wish our little guy was here with us!
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a relaxing trip. I hope Liam can send his positive traveling vibes to Donovan because we have another 8 hour road tripped planed at the end of the week. I think you may have won the lottery with your little one Lynds! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteAww, looks like you guys had a great time!!!
ReplyDeletelove the foot picture!
ReplyDelete