Friday, April 6, 2012

A Little More Spring in our Step.

Last weekend, Will and I got the spring cleaning bug and spent all day Saturday purging and organizing. Do you love doing that as much as I do? If only it would stay that way!

It all started with the guest bedroom. It had been kind of the "hub" for all of Liam's party stuff, and it looked like a hot mess by the time the party was over. I organized all my leftover birthday supplies and random crafty items into a giant craft bin. I was going to put it in the guest closet, but there was so room. That is where it pretty much snowballed into a cleaning frenzy.


The guest closet before...


and after! With my new giant craft bin on the bottom right!

This led to also cleaning out the hall closet because it just needed it badly.


I didn't get a before because Will started on it before I could take one, but here is the after. It's much more manageable now.


Then I needed some cabinet space to put all the mason jars I bought for the party. Enter cabinet overhaul. Will reorganized Liam's area and put away all of his baby supplies. Now we are stocked with sippy cups and eating utensils. My baby is all grown up :(

I also did some simple decorating for Spring/Easter. With Liam's birthday falling so close to Easter this year, I didn't want to decorate until after his party. 


(By the way, if you haven't updated your blogger yet, you can now make your pictures much larger! I of course went back through all of Liam's birthday posts and made all the pictures bigger once I discovered this. Thanks, blogger!)








This is a Royal Doulton Bunnykins dinner set that my grandmother got me when I was a baby. Now I'm passing it on to Liam!














Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE spring cleaning! It so much harder to clean though when you have someone behind you coming to "help" with their little fat hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems like i've been in purging mode since emma was born. i would much rather buy stuff for her than me so i have to make room for all of it! and yes, i love the new blogger layout. my spacing was always so wonky with the old one and now it seems like i can punch out a post in half the time! now i just need to continue blogging and stay on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your spring decor! And I love purging closets, like way more than the normal person, ha! I really need to do that to mine this weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!