I'm running like two weeks behind on posts, but I'm trying to keep them in order. Hopefully I'll get to Easter before the next big holiday! This is the last birthday post, I promise :)
For Liam's actual birthday, Will took off work and we all headed to the zoo! It was such a fun day!
For Liam's actual birthday, Will took off work and we all headed to the zoo! It was such a fun day!
They had a new exhibit that Will and I were really excited about!
Jambo!
(Mean Girls, anyone??)
Watching the penguins eat. We were lucky in that it wasn't a very busy day so we got front row views of everything!
Giraffes! These were hands down mine and Liam's favorite!
Petting the giraffes!
Not the best pic, but isn't his birthday shirt the cutest? I ordered it from this Etsy shop.
Watching the Cheetahs eat and do tricks.
Back to the giraffes. We seriously spent like half our day waving at the giraffes. Will counted ten giraffes and they were so friendly!
Happy boy!
Checking out the chimps.
Liam didn't even notice the mama and baby chimp, and she is staring right at him!
They had fun statues all over the place for kids to climb on.
We had to stop and see the penguins again before we left that part of the zoo.
We had a picnic lunch before heading to the other side of the zoo where Liam promptly passed out for about an hour.
Liam missed out on the reptiles....
(yes, that snake is in the process of shedding his skin...cool but creepy!)
...and the kangaroos, emus, and koalas...
...and some more monkeys.
He woke up just in time for the Children's Zoo! Next time we will bring his swimsuit because there was a little splash area there for the kids to run around in.
Practicing walking!
We had to make ONE more stop by the Giants of the Savannah exhibit before we left. We had planned on taking a train ride all around the zoo, but decided against it once we got there. Instead, we fed the giraffes!
Liam wouldn't feed them, but he enjoyed seeing them up close again.
Slightly obsessed.
On our way home we stopped for Sprinkles birthday cupcakes!
We had more success with birthday cupcakes than we did with the birthday cake this time! We lit the candle and were able to get through the entire birthday song before Liam I blew it out! And he actually ate a majority of the cupcake too.
Sweet Birthday Boy!
Success!
We had such a fun day, and I'm so thankful Will was able to take off work and we could spend this very important day all together! I still can't believe my baby is ONE!






























We're doing the same thing. Jonathan is taking off a thursday so that we can beat any weekend crowds...and, we're taking her to get dessert. I'm really excited about spending her actual birthday just the 3 of us!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! This is making me excited to take Donovan to the zoo this summer!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I can't think of a better way to celebrate that sweet boy's birthday. It looks like you guys had the perfect day! I am so jealous that you got to pet and feed the giraffes! The crazy little zoo here lets people do that but the giraffes won't ever come up.
ReplyDeleteThat looked like such a fun birthday for liam. The zoo is so much better than the one we have here, I would love to visit that zoo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to spend his actual birthday with him. I loved doing things like this when mine were small. Before I knew it they were off to Kindergarten and then it was all about taking the cupcakes to school. Enjoy these precious times!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures. I love that you get to feed the giraffes how fun. He looks like he had a great time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Birthday! Henry's birthday is on a Saturday so we are having his party on his actual day. Won't get to do that too often!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! I love the picture of you and Liam in the little play area. Happy Birthday Liam!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet way to celebrate Liam's first birthday! The giraffes are favorite!
ReplyDeleteI love your pink top! Where did you get it? What a fun way to spend his birthday.
ReplyDelete