Friday, April 27, 2012

A Day In The Life: 12 Months (& First Steps!!!)

A Day In The Life: 12 (almost 13) Months

I haven't done one of these in f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Since 3 months to be exact. I've seen some blogger friends do it recently and wanted to join in!

So here was our day today. It was a pretty typical day although a little more low-key than normal. I decided to document today because it's our one day this week that we didn't have any plans/playdates so I can actually take the time to record everything!


4.26.12

7:15am - I wake up. I don't set an alarm but my body usually wakes up around this time. Sometimes I lay in bed and play around on my kindle and sometimes I get up and get moving. Either way, I try to make sure I am up before Liam wakes up so I have some me time to get charged for the day. I'm not a morning person. Anyways, I get up and get on the computer for a bit. I've recently started getting into felt activities for kids, so I searched for and saved some templates to use later.


My "Got no one to impress cuz I'm not leaving the house look." Hot, I know.

8:11am - Liam wakes up. I bring him into the living room and we sit on the floor together for a little bit. He's SUPER clingy when he first wakes up (morning and naps) so we have to just hang out and cuddle for a bit until he's fully awake. He's not a morning person either :) After a few minutes he's good so he drinks and milk and watches Mickey Mouse Club while I let the dogs out and get his breakfast prepared. Side note: He is 100% on cow's milk now and we are done with bottles! It makes me kind of sad that baby phase is over, but pouring a glass of milk is SO easy and I don't miss hand washing all those bottles!


8:30am - Breakfast for Liam. Today it's a banana and a hard-boiled egg. He eats all the banana and some of the egg. He's starting to get picky about some of his food which is exactly what I didn't want to happen, but oh well. I get him to eat a few more bites then he starts sweeping his tray. Breakfast is over.


8:45 -9:45 - Liam plays in the living room. He is the happiest in the mornings and plays independently a lot at this time. While he plays I start the dishwasher, sort clothes, and start a load of laundry.


If you can't tell, he's really into pushing things! 



9:45 - Bathtime! We don't have a schedule or anything, this is just when I decided to stick him in. We are probably the only people that don't do baths at night, but Will only gets to see Liam about an hour a day and I would rather them get to play. We play for a while and I also clean up the bathroom. Liam's new favorite thing to do while I'm showering is empty all the cabinets and drawers so I am always finding bottles of lotion, band aids, hair clips, etc. all over our bathroom floor.





Poor thing doesn't have ANY bath toys!




Doesn't he look thrilled with his new hairstyle?!

10:30am - Liam is "dressed" and ready for the day. Since I have no plans for us to leave the house today, he's in casual (aka mis-matched) attire. But he still looks pretty cute! We play for a little, but he starts to get fussy so I give him some milk before his nap.





fussy head!

10:45am - Liam goes down for nap #1. I put some clothes away and start another load of laundry. Then I empty the dishwasher. I promise this doesn't happen everyday. Well, the dishes do but the laundry doesn't. I wish I was one of those housewives that does a load of laundry everyday and never falls behind, but the truth is I probably have about 5 loads worth of clothes to get through at the moment. I just don't like laundry. I could do dishes all day long but I hate laundry! Anyways, that's done so now I'm sitting at the computer blogging this. If I wait until the evening I won't remember everything. It's 11:18am, and I'm going to go watch TV and finish my felt Mr. Potato Head. :)

11:59am - Liam wakes up. I put him in his highchair with milk while I get his lunch ready. He has pesto pasta and some cheese. He LOVES pesto pasta, I would say it's probably his favorite food right now. He likes it more than mac-n-cheese!


12-12:30pm - We both eat lunch.



12:45pm - Grocery store run. I wasn't planning on going anywhere today, but I poured Liam the last bit of milk for lunch so we had to run and get some more.





Liam rode in the shopping cart with the car in the front for the first time today. That thing is a beast to maneuver around!

1:30 - 3:00pm - We get home and Liam follows me around while I do some more laundry. He "helps" me a little :) Then we play in the playroom.






snuggle break!










3:00pm - Milk and animal crackers snack.

3:10pm - Nap #2 for Liam. He usually doesn't go down until 3:30-3:45, but his friend Max is coming over in a little bit and I want to make sure he got some kind of nap in case he wakes up when Max gets here. He goes down without a peep! 

3:30pm - Max comes over. I'm keeping him until his Dad gets off work so his Mom can go get her hair done. She watched Liam for me when I got mine cut so I owed her :) Liam is still sleeping so Max and I play. He loves Liam's play table and we spend a long time at the back door watching the dogs!



4:05pm - Liam wakes up. That's not as long as his usual afternoon nap, but it could have had something to do with the fact that Max and I were playing in the playroom next door. Plus I wanted him to wake up early so he and Max could play. I took Max with me to go get Liam and he looked confused that I had another baby on my hip when I walked in, but then he smiled because he recognized his friend! It was so cute!





"Oh, hey dude. What's up." "Nothing. Just chillin at your place. Wanna bang on this table and dance around and make lots of noise?" "Heck yes I do!"





"Hey dude, what was that??" "DOGS!!!"

4:30pm - The boys play until Max's Dad comes to get him at 4:30. After that, me and Liam go outside. Liam LOVES to play outside and went straight for his coupe car. I am battling major allergies right now so the backyard is about as outdoorsy as we have gotten this week. 




5:30 - 6:20pm - We come inside. We play for awhile, I do some more laundry, and  I start dinner. Liam keeps me company in the kitchen by emptying out the tupperware cabinet. 









I love this picture of Rowdy! He tolerates SO much from Liam, but he's looking at me like, "I may allow him pull my hair and smack me, but I'm don't have to like it!"

6:20pm - I feed Liam dinner but he doesn't eat much. He hasn't been eating much at dinner the past week or so, but he's been drinking a lot of milk and sleeping just fine so I guess he's fine.  





Ham and cheese, avocado, pesto pasta

7:00pm - The NFL draft starts so I pause it so Will and I can watch together. I get dinner all ready so we can eat as soon as he gets home.

7:15pm - Will finally gets home. Usually it's more like 6:45, but he got stuck in traffic and had to make a quick stop. We eat and watch the draft while Liam crawls around on the floor and plays. I guess we will be cheering for the Cowboys and the Redskins next year because RGIII got drafted to the Washington Redskins in the second draft pick! Sic' Em!



7:45pm - Will and Liam have some Daddy/Son time together and then we practice walking for a bit. Liam did so good and was taking 3,4,and 5 steps each time! AND I FINALLY GOT IT ON CAMERA! It's not very good, but I'm so proud of him I don't even care! 


I realized the other day I forgot to announce on here that Liam took his first steps WAY back on April 2nd! He took 4 steps! He hasn't made much progress since, only taking a few steps here and there and only if we prompt him. He's still not a walker by any means, but I love watching him practice! 






This is a video of a video because I'm too lazy to download it from the actual video camera. And it's like the worst video ever...the camera was propped up on my phone, and I got a text right after I started filming which shifted the camera off center. We like to keep things real professional over here. B BUT I did create a youtube account so you should be able to watch this from your phone! My other videos were uploaded straight from iMovie and are only visible on a computer. I feel so techie for having a youtube channel :) Also, please excuse the squealing. I'm a proud mama if nothing else. 

8:15pm - Liam goes to bed. Again, he's usually down by 8, but because Will got home late and we got really excited about his walking we kept him up a little later. I kiss Liam goodnight and Will takes him into his room for milk, a story, and bedtime.

Since then I have taken a shower, and Will and I baked some monster cookies just because. YUM!




So that was our day! 

12 comments:

  1. so different! I hate doing dishes but am always up on laundry. I could do laundry all day! I don't mind washing bottles but I hate all the parts that you have to take apart on sippy cups with straws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. and I may have started singing "who let the dogs out" towards the beginning when you.. you know, let the dogs out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great to read because I just had a baby nearly 4 weeks ago and it's so exciting to see where my little one will be in a year! I love following your blog!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. DITTO on laundry! My kitchen is pretty much always clean and the sink is the one thing I am so weird about being empty. I feel like the Kitchen is the one baby free zone so it stays clean way longer! :-) I HATE laundry as well! Right now I have a load folded on the couch and one sitting in the dryer. oops. I should probably go fold that.

    Loved seeing a day in y'alls life, looks like a fun day! And sic'em RGIII, he's just coming out here becuase he heard I moved here! ha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liam is so cute, I can hardly stand it!
    That picture of him in the car/grocery cart is TO DIE FOR. He looks SO serious about driving!

    I think writing down your days is a great thing... you will really appreciate being able to go back and read what it was exactly like at a certain age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very familiar to our days! We do baths at random times, too. And a onesie + baby legs is a very common "everyday outfit" for my little guy, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love day in the life posts!!
    I also love that you don't get dressed up if you have nowhere to go. I am totally the same. ANd most of my showers don't happen until after Callyn's in bed unfortunately.
    Did I spy an orange balloon by the t.v.? Can't believe those things are still alive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this! It is so fun to see how other mommas and babies spend their days! I've been saying that I'm going to do one forever and after seeing all the fun ones lately I am determined to do it. I like the that you guys do bath time during the day. I might have to think about doing that because I feel like we are always so rushed in the evenings. I loved the walking video. He looks very steady- I bet he will just get up and walk one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I've been meaning to do a 'day in the life of' for MONTHS but don't want to drag around my SLR all day- I need to find someone w/ a point and shoot so I can use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea having bathtime in the morning so there is more family time at night. I might just have to steal that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Liam's first steps! That's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, love this idea of documenting a day in the life! Makes for great memories. I'll definitely have to try it out! Are you gonna do this for often? :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comment! If you leave a question, make sure to check back - I try to reply to everyone!